Chapala.com Webboard

Grand Bay Barra de Navidad

shmiller

We are headed to the Wyndham Grand Bay Hotel Isla Navidad Resort for a getaway and to see and hear the Ajijic "Lucky Dogs" band play at the Pipers and Lover's Bar and Restaurant in Barra de Navidad this week. Anyone have experiences at the Grand Bay Resort? The reviews are very good.

Grand Bay Hotel

zlogb_A_exterior7.jpg

"Pipers Lover's Bar" (not and Lovers) and the Grand Bay do not compute ... two different worlds.

Many places in Barra a few steps away rather than taking a water taxi back to the "Grand Bay" and paying the exorbitant rates when you get there.

Grand Bay was voted number one in Mexico a few years ago on the Travel Channel so I guess the reviews would be good. Come on Steve .. you can do better

Friends stayed there two weeks ago and for 3 nights with the "Romantic Special" which included breakfast, dinner, bottle of champagne. The package was discounted 60% albeit still not cheap. THEY LOVED IT!!!!!!!.

I have stayed there a couple times.

I took my adult kids there for xmas , it was wonderful.

worth every penny ,errrrr dollar.

no beach to speak of , but a short boat ride over to bra beach for surfing and boogy boarding is fun.

the pools are great as are the restaurants...golf is over rated and too pricey for what they actually provide.

Sand traps were full of rocks and weeds and course was in need of a lot of repair. Golf was the only negative.

enjoy your time.

I have stayed there a couple times.

I took my adult kids there for xmas , it was wonderful.

worth every penny ,errrrr dollar.

no beach to speak of , but a short boat ride over to bra beach for surfing and boogy boarding is fun.

the pools are great as are the restaurants...golf is over rated and too pricey for what they actually provide.

Sand traps were full of rocks and weeds and course was in need of a lot of repair. Golf was the only negative.

enjoy your time.

When did you play Isla? We've been there several times and found the conditions to be excellent.

The Grand Bay Barra de Navidad looks like a great splurge place. How is the food in the 5 restaurants in the Grand Bay? Is it worth going for the all inclusive?

Are there any places to eat close by, a quick drive or walk??

Hey, I like going on the cheap, but it's fun to splurge too.

Thanks in advance.

The little town of Colimilla is embeded in the grounds of the Grand Bay and has some restaurants on the lagoon. You could walk from the hotel ... or grab a water taxi shuttle to Colimilla or Barra. Driving to Barra/Melaque takes about 20 minutes

We had a wonderful stay at the Grand Bay Hotel Isla Navidad Resort. Fabulous patio bay view room and wonderful food at all the restaurants. A downside... be prepared to take many elevators and walk distances to get to and from your room and the restaurants or the water taxi dock. The place is huge and spread out with many connected buildings and walkway bridges.

5515242318_0dbbd774e7_z.jpg

5514650553_e3f8c62844_z.jpg

5515242886_3a47c8fbeb_z.jpg

The Sea Master Restaurant in Barra, on the bay beach, has great views from upstairs, BBQ ribs, good 2x1 margaritas, and Eduardo, a terrific waiter from Chicago.

5514649013_1b0768ee1d_z.jpg

Archived