Chapala.com Webboard

Adelita's

hvonbeers

There were three of us who visited Adelita's yesterday for lunch. We shared the potato skins,ng, and jalapena poppers, just ok. One person had a bacon cheeseburger, which was found to be inedible as it had a strange taste. Another had the shrimp basket, stated the flavor was good, then found a raw shrimp. The third person had ordered Coke lt, it was flat as a board. This person also ordered the marinated, grilled chicken sandwich on a baguette with pesto, lettuce tomato and onions. The chicken never saw a marinade, there was no pesto, and just a few slivers of onion and it was on italian bread. All in all, three out of three were very disappointed in what was served, and will not go there again. This was my second lunch there, last time when the other owner had it. They are serving the same mystery meat for hamburger that I had at that time, must be using the same supplier. Oh, and the waitress had a hard time understanding english although she is a gringa.

I along with lots of friends have eaten at Adelita's many many many times, the food has always been good, the service great, the best music in town. You didn't post what Jay & Mel (the owners) who are always there said when you told them of your problems.

You can't get a table at Adelita's on Saturday nights and it's been that way for months so there must be a lot of people who do enjoy the food and service there.

T

I think Adelita's is great!! Great food, prices, and entertainment. There is no comparison between last year and this year. The beef is top shelf and the chef there does a great job. Wish you would have given the owners a chance to respond to your complaint rather than giving them a public flogging. Sound to me like you might be the type that also complains about the weather here. JM2C

There were three of us who visited Adelita's yesterday for lunch. We shared the potato skins,ng, and jalapena poppers, just ok. One person had a bacon cheeseburger, which was found to be inedible as it had a strange taste. Another had the shrimp basket, stated the flavor was good, then found a raw shrimp. The third person had ordered Coke lt, it was flat as a board. This person also ordered the marinated, grilled chicken sandwich on a baguette with pesto, lettuce tomato and onions. The chicken never saw a marinade, there was no pesto, and just a few slivers of onion and it was on italian bread. All in all, three out of three were very disappointed in what was served, and will not go there again. This was my second lunch there, last time when the other owner had it. They are serving the same mystery meat for hamburger that I had at that time, must be using the same supplier. Oh, and the waitress had a hard time understanding english although she is a gringa.

I spoke to the server who served you and apparently she went to your table multiple times asking how everything was and she was told everything was good and the poppers were great. She did say you complained about the flat Coke and it was removed from your bill without question. As for the shrimp we cook them in a deep fryer at 200 degrees Celsius, and of course we cook them all together so unless one jumped out of the fryer, which of course is impossible, I'm perplexed how 9 shrimp would cook and the 10th stayed "raw". Nonetheless, if you don't bring it to our attention how can we address the issue? The "mystery meat" is from a reputable meat importer in Guadalajara, the same place Ajijic Tango buy their meat. It's also where we get our triple 'A' rib-eye, and pork ribs. We have had many customers rave about the hamburger not sure what went wrong with yours, and again I am confused as to why if you had such a horrible experience you wouldn't tell your server. The absolute most perplexing thing is, and this actually adds a level of hilarity to the story is you took your leftovers to-go... Wow.

Jason Taylor

Cafe Adelita

Well said Jason. As you have seen in the service business there are some people that you will NEVER be able to please...this lady sounds like one of those. Everyone I have spoken to about your establishment said to a person...the food is great!!!!! And you are correct...the best music in town!

WOW...SEEMS WHOEVER WROTE THAT LUNCHEON REVIEW HAS A PERSONAL VENDETTA OR THEY WERE AT SOME OTHE PLACE IN SOME OTHER TOWN.

NOT ONLY HAVE THE HOSTS CREATED A PLACE WHERE I FEEL WELCOME, BUT THE MUSIC IS OUTSTANDING, THE SERVICE GREAT AND THE NEW CHEF, SHEA, HAS WORKED WONDERS WITH THE NEW MENU. THE THREE WOMEN REVIEW DIDN'T EVEN REMOTELY SOUND LIKE THE PLACE I KNOW AND VISIT ON A REGULAR (AT LEAST THREE TIMES A WEEK) BASIS. EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION, BUT THAT REVIEW DID NOT JIVE WITH ANYTHING I KNOW ADELITA'S TO BE.

MY COMPLIMENTS TO THE MEL AND JAY, SHEA AND THE STAFF...AND OF COURSE THE INCREDIBLE ARRAY OF MUSICIANS.

I spoke to the server who served you and apparently she went to your table multiple times asking how everything was and she was told everything was good and the poppers were great. She did say you complained about the flat Coke and it was removed from your bill without question. As for the shrimp we cook them in a deep fryer at 200 degrees Celsius, and of course we cook them all together so unless one jumped out of the fryer, which of course is impossible, I'm perplexed how 9 shrimp would cook and the 10th stayed "raw". Nonetheless, if you don't bring it to our attention how can we address the issue? The "mystery meat" is from a reputable meat importer in Guadalajara, the same place Ajijic Tango buy their meat. It's also where we get our triple 'A' rib-eye, and pork ribs. We have had many customers rave about the hamburger not sure what went wrong with yours, and again I am confused as to why if you had such a horrible experience you wouldn't tell your server. The absolute most perplexing thing is, and this actually adds a level of hilarity to the story is you took your leftovers to-go... Wow.

Jason Taylor

Cafe Adelita

Way to go Jason. I own a restaurant locally and have eaten at your place several times and you do a great job!

J.ason Taylor

Cafe Adelita

First, the server did not come to our table multiple times to ask how everything was. We never said the poppers were great, we said fine. We answered "fine" to just about everything. NOBODY took leftovers to go, that take out was ordered when the meal was ordered and before the raw shrimp was even served. The raw shrimp was brought to the attention of the server, she said she would show the cook, and she was told to please make sure the take out were all cooked thoroughly as it was going to an invalid. The person who had the flat coke received a second which was not much better, then ordered wine figuring it would be better. The hamburger was taken home to dogs, do not know if they ate it. The person who ordered that was very hungry and certainly would have eaten it if it were good. Perhaps the food is better in the evening when the chef is there, it appears to be the case. This was not in the imagination of three people. Accept it, we had a bad experience there. This is not to say you cannot improve.

After our experience at Adelita's on 10 February 2010, Hubby & I vowed NEVER to return to that place, along with several of our friends!

New owners? Maybe Earla's no longer there, but We, too, took the leftovers home -- FOR OUR DOGS!!! There was no offer from anybody to make it right or to strike it from the bill, in spite of several complaints.

It doesn't matter whether the food is now "great" or whether the entertainment is the "best in town"; character counts. In this instance, an "F" is in order.

Adelita's in San Antonio kept the kitchen open for us late one night so we could have dinner after a LLT show. The salmon dinner and service was spot on. The Lucky Dogs and full dance floor was fun, fun, fun!

After our experience at Adelita's on 10 February 2010, Hubby & I vowed NEVER to return to that place, along with several of our friends!

New owners? Maybe Earla's no longer there, but We, too, took the leftovers home -- FOR OUR DOGS!!! There was no offer from anybody to make it right or to strike it from the bill, in spite of several complaints.

It doesn't matter whether the food is now "great" or whether the entertainment is the "best in town"; character counts. In this instance, an "F" is in order.

Darn it!

A couple of posts have been deleted by the Mod (mine included). Apologies for overstepping the boundaries.

But anyone can PM me for details about an explanation for why Hubby & I refuse to go back.

(Mod, is this acceptable?)

:)

First, the server did not come to our table multiple times to ask how everything was. We never said the poppers were great, we said fine. We answered "fine" to just about everything. NOBODY took leftovers to go, that take out was ordered when the meal was ordered and before the raw shrimp was even served. The raw shrimp was brought to the attention of the server, she said she would show the cook, and she was told to please make sure the take out were all cooked thoroughly as it was going to an invalid. The person who had the flat coke received a second which was not much better, then ordered wine figuring it would be better. The hamburger was taken home to dogs, do not know if they ate it. The person who ordered that was very hungry and certainly would have eaten it if it were good. Perhaps the food is better in the evening when the chef is there, it appears to be the case. This was not in the imagination of three people. Accept it, we had a bad experience there. This is not to say you cannot improve.

ok so let me get this straight... You say: "NOBODY took leftovers to go" And then follow up with: "The hamburger was taken home to dogs"

Possible continuity problem?

Anyways. Thanks for all the constructive criticism.

Darn it!

A couple of posts have been deleted by the Mod (mine included). Apologies for overstepping the boundaries.

But anyone can PM me for details about an explanation for why Hubby & I refuse to go back.

(Mod, is this acceptable?)

:)

Anyone can PM me as well if they want details.

Archived