Chapala.com Webboard

Paella in lakeside?

doberwoman

Do you know if we can get paella by lakeside?

Tabarka has it, but many have posted negative reviews. It's been more than two years since I had the black paella - an unusual version using black squid ink and an acquired taste.

Ole Ola (or is it Ola Ole?) has paella on Sundays only. Reservations recommended - both to make sure he makes enough AND to find out what kind of paella he is making. We had it once and it was okay

But, truthfully, I generally prefer making my own. Especially since it's so easy to get Spanish chorizo in lakeside (different than Mexican chorizo).

Tabarka has it, but many have posted negative reviews. It's been more than two years since I had the black paella - an unusual version using black squid ink and an acquired taste.

Ole Ola (or is it Ola Ole?) has paella on Sundays only. Reservations recommended - both to make sure he makes enough AND to find out what kind of paella he is making. We had it once and it was okay

But, truthfully, I generally prefer making my own. Especially since it's so easy to get Spanish chorizo in lakeside (different than Mexican chorizo).

Do a search here for paella because a couple months ago there was quite a long thread on the subject. As I recall the general opinion was that there is no good paella here.

Archived