Chapala.com Webboard

Volaris airlines

JayBearII

We're considering flying Volaris from Guadalajara to Hermosillo and then taking the Hermosillo shuttle to Tucson. The latter runs about 5 times a day and I can call their Tucson office for info in English. I can read the Volaris website a bit; it appears that I can book ahead on the website and get a discounted fare, but I am not sure it is a good idea to book thru the website. Would be interested in how you booked your flight, the pricing and your experience with Volaris. Did you go thru a travel agent--if in Chapala area, I'd like to know who you used.

Thanks you, Don! Your info is a great help. I see that it is necessary to travel light to save money. Did you book online?

Thanks you, Don! Your info is a great help. I see that it is necessary to travel light to save money. Did you book online?

I have often booked Volaris flights online. I use a Bancomer debit card for payment. The process was simple and the flights are always excellent and on time. Once we had a luggage problem that involved a refund of money and Volaris did refund the money to my Bancomer account, but not without a leetle fight.

If you are not in a big hurry to book a flight, watch their website for sales. You can sometimes get super deals.

We're considering flying Volaris from Guadalajara to Hermosillo and then taking the Hermosillo shuttle to Tucson. The latter runs about 5 times a day and I can call their Tucson office for info in English. I can read the Volaris website a bit; it appears that I can book ahead on the website and get a discounted fare, but I am not sure it is a good idea to book thru the website. Would be interested in how you booked your flight, the pricing and your experience with Volaris. Did you go thru a travel agent--if in Chapala area, I'd like to know who you used.

We just flew Volaris to Cancun over Xmas. Both ways, the flights were a little delayed, but we still arrived on time. The service was excellent including snacks and free drinks (alcohol). We booked thru an online service. We will definately use them again. Large planes (can't remember what) and very clean. Nice personnel.

Yes, I booked online with no problem I used my BofA Visa. No problem as long as BofA knows you are using your card in Mexico.

I recently booked two roundtrip tickets from Guadalajara to Oakland for late February on Volaris.

We are both allowed two 55lb suitcases with the total cost of $681.00U.S. Direct flights.

I use their "Want to Travel" plan.

Yes, I booked online with no problem I used my BofA Visa. No problem as long as BofA knows you are using your card in Mexico.

I recently booked two roundtrip tickets from Guadalajara to Oakland for late February on Volaris.

We are both allowed two 55lb suitcases with the total cost of $681.00U.S. Direct flights.

I use their "Want to Travel" plan.

$681.00 for both people?? very good price if true

But, A friend who lives in Calif and commutes to DF weekly- says Volaris seats are really close together and uses another airline (forgot which one) any comments

$681.00 for both people?? very good price if true

But, A friend who lives in Calif and commutes to DF weekly- says Volaris seats are really close together and uses another airline (forgot which one) any comments

The actual price for those two roundtrip tickets for the wife and I are $681.46 U.S. for both. I find no problem with the seats. No different that when I flew Mexicana, but Volaris has no 1st. Class seats on these flights.

We just flew in Dec on Volaris from Tijuana to Guad. We did our friends a favor and they flew us back. They booked the flight online with a credit card and the flight ended up getting canceled but they sent us an e-mail right away and we rescheduled. Lots of kids on these flights but the seating is the same as any other plane. We landed 15 minutes late.

Overall good.

We just flew in Dec on Volaris from Tijuana to Guad. We did our friends a favor and they flew us back. They booked the flight online with a credit card and the flight ended up getting canceled but they sent us an e-mail right away and we rescheduled. Lots of kids on these flights but the seating is the same as any other plane. We landed 15 minutes late.

Overall good.

Have you used their shuttle bus service to downtown San Diego?

Have you used their shuttle bus service to downtown San Diego?

I have, it was kind of a PITA but it got us to SD. We did have to get OFF the bus at the border (with all our luggage), go through US customs, and get back on a different bus (schlepping our luggage) at the San Ysidro Greyhound station, about half a block away. The shuttle final destination was the SD Greyhound station. From there, we took a cab to our car rental pickup office.

FYI, there is an airport taxi service in San Diego that will pick you up at the Tijuana airport and take you wherever you want to go in San Diego. They also do the reverse, taking you from wherever you are in San Diego TO the Tijuana airport. I've done it, it was well worth the cost.

I have, it was kind of a PITA but it got us to SD. We did have to get OFF the bus at the border (with all our luggage), go through US customs, and get back on a different bus (schlepping our luggage) at the San Ysidro Greyhound station, about half a block away. The shuttle final destination was the SD Greyhound station. From there, we took a cab to our car rental pickup office.

FYI, there is an airport taxi service in San Diego that will pick you up at the Tijuana airport and take you wherever you want to go in San Diego. They also do the reverse, taking you from wherever you are in San Diego TO the Tijuana airport. I've done it, it was well worth the cost.

thank you Liana. Do you know how we can contact the airport taxi service in San Diego?

Do you know if the SD taxi can be called from Tijuana or must they be called in San Diego from Tijuana? A few years ago we used to fly from here in Cuernavaca to Tijuana via Guadalajara, we had a son that lived in Imperial Beach, California and he could easily pick us up in TJ. He retired after a 30 year Naval career and moved to northern California last year though. The shuttle bus always left about one hour before our plane arrived in TJ.

For a couple of years we had no air service here while the local national airport was being remodeled. It was designated as an international airport last year. We were supposed to have international flights in the last half of 2010. So far, we only have one flight with Volaris airlines direct to Tijuana per day, no stopover in Guadalajara anymore. Instead of arriving in TJ in mid afternoon, The flights now arrive at about 11 PM.

We don't go NOB very often, but now the only way to get to northern California easily is to start at the Mexico City, or the Toluca airport, both places are a time consuming hassle from here, if we are both going, we need to take a bus or a taxi. We used to know a taxi driver here that would take us to the Mexico City airport for $900 Pesos. Expensive, but trips are never cheap.

Thanks for any info you may have.

Rex

Do you know if the SD taxi can be called from Tijuana or must they be called in San Diego from Tijuana? A few years ago we used to fly from here in Cuernavaca to Tijuana via Guadalajara, we had a son that lived in Imperial Beach, California and he could easily pick us up in TJ. He retired after a 30 year Naval career and moved to northern California last year though. The shuttle bus always left about one hour before our plane arrived in TJ.

For a couple of years we had no air service here while the local national airport was being remodeled. It was designated as an international airport last year. We were supposed to have international flights in the last half of 2010. So far, we only have one flight with Volaris airlines direct to Tijuana per day, no stopover in Guadalajara anymore. Instead of arriving in TJ in mid afternoon, The flights now arrive at about 11 PM.

We don't go NOB very often, but now the only way to get to northern California easily is to start at the Mexico City, or the Toluca airport, both places are a time consuming hassle from here, if we are both going, we need to take a bus or a taxi. We used to know a taxi driver here that would take us to the Mexico City airport for $900 Pesos. Expensive, but trips are never cheap.

Thanks for any info you may have.

Rex

Here's the website:

http://www.taxisairport.com/

¡¡¡ OJO !!! to those of you from the US Midwest:

I've noticed on their website that they are beginning to fly from Midway Airport in Chicago direct to Guadalajara. Our trip for March is already booked, but we may go with them in mid-summer, as it appears their fares are significantly lower than Continental and American.

¡¡¡ OJO !!! to those of you from the US Midwest:

I've noticed on their website that they are beginning to fly from Midway Airport in Chicago direct to Guadalajara. Our trip for March is already booked, but we may go with them in mid-summer, as it appears their fares are significantly lower than Continental and American.

Yep, $292 roundtrip GDL to Midway and then onto a Southwest flight....its 2004 all over again!

Yep, $292 roundtrip GDL to Midway and then onto a Southwest flight....its 2004 all over again!

Just checked and it is now $806 for 2 people Midway-Guad for the end of March. By the time you buy a connecting flight to Chicago and the additional time, it may not be any bargain at all.

Just checked and it is now $806 for 2 people Midway-Guad for the end of March. By the time you buy a connecting flight to Chicago and the additional time, it may not be any bargain at all.

They had a great 1/2 price sale last week over the new year weekend, I have put it on rotation to check twice a week. I got mine in late-December. That price is still beating continental by enough.

Archived