Chapala.com Webboard

Call Forwarding Telmex Number

iris

Para activarlo, usa un teléfono de tonos, marca *21* + teléfono donde deseas recibir la llamada + #. Para desactivar marca #21#.

To activate, using a touch tone phone dial *21* + the number you want to forward to + #. To deactivate dial #21#.

• 1 year later...

Question on an old post that Google led me to. If you have the Telmex $999 plan which offers unlimited calling to the US, can you, at no charge, forward your Mexican phone to your US phone in the States so that your friends in Mexico can reach you by calling your local Ajijic number???

• 3 years later...

I'm interested in knowing if call forwarding from a local Ajijic number to a US phone number is covered by the Telmex plans that include free calls to the US. Seems like it would, but does anyone know for sure?

I have US cell phone on AT&T that now includes free calls to/from Mexico (a recently added feature). so I can call out from my US cell phone to local numbers here, but most locals won't call my US number (for obvious reasons) but I could give them my home number and set it to forward. seems like this would be an ideal way to handle this...

thoughts?

I am also interested..I just went by the AT&T store to make sure the Mexico and Canada calls are Free..As long as you have a 15GB plan or higher there is no charge..My question to JAK is there any roaming fees with your AT&T service when you are in Mexico and how well is the service coverage...I presume that the provider there is TELCEL or one of the others..TIA., Tomas

Para activarlo, usa un teléfono de tonos, marca *21* + teléfono donde deseas recibir la llamada + #. Para desactivar marca #21#.

To activate, using a touch tone phone dial *21* + the number you want to forward to + #. To deactivate dial #21#.

Didn't work for me. Response was "your request was not registered" (or something like that). I tried forwarding to my cellphone, and also to another local number, with area code. Same result. An I missing something?

Can one use their U.S. AT&T cell phone in Mexico and NOT incur roaming charges??? This would be a big benefit versus having a 2nd phone from Telcel or another provider when in town..

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, sometimes my phone connects to lusacel, but it's nearly always telcel... coverage in the Ajijic / Chapala area is quite good... even sometimes can get 4G LTE data... although I don't really have data turned on all the time because the plan only comes with 1G per month within Mexico.

I have not had any roaming or international charges for the past 3 weeks since I've added the service to my plan.

Thanks,

-jak

Here's how to set up call forwarding on Telmex land lines:

http://telmex.com/web/asistencia/hogar-utiliza-sigueme?_ga=1.6976754.1339188922.1450659896

basically, you dial *21*PHONENUMBERTOFORWARDTO#

make sure to include 001 in the number if you're forwarding to a US number... mine is working perfectly... I haven't gotten a bill yet to see if Telmex wil charge me, but since we have free calls to the US included with our Telmex plan, my guess is they wont.

Archived