Chapala.com Webboard

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Betsy

apple pie baked in a wood fired oven

We went to Fitos Place in Riberas last night and came home with a lattice topped Apple pie that had been baked in the wood fired pizza oven. This is not your moms apple pie, but I really liked it. There is not much sugar in it and the apples are still a little crisp, not mushy, goey and syrupy with a little smoke flavour. I am going to buy a couple for our family Christmas dinner, maybe make a vanilla bourbon sauce and some whipped cream for those who want a richer desert......

We went to Fitos Place in Riberas last night and came home with a lattice topped Apple pie that had been baked in the wood fired pizza oven. This is not your moms apple pie, but I really liked it. There is not much sugar in it and the apples are still a little crisp, not mushy, goey and syrupy with a little smoke flavour. I am going to buy a couple for our family Christmas dinner, maybe make a vanilla bourbon sauce and some whipped cream for those who want a richer desert......

What is the location of Fitos Place?

Oh Dear...someone help me out here.....Coming from Ajijic it is on the right side of the road on the outskirt of Riberas. I can not remember any other land marks except that it is before the yellow pizza house....La toscana?

There is another post in la cocina bout Fitos place in " La Cocina" maybe it has some better directions.

The pizza has a very thin crust and I think it is pretty good. Loved the pie.

Driving east past Mirasol, on the lake side, and just past the "entrance" to Riberas, there are several signs marking Fito's place. Keep going east and you'll hit another entrance to Riberas and Juan Carlos Escalera auto garage.

It's not obvious where or how to park.

When you turn in at Fitos there's a dirt/gravel little road that you'd think is to walk down to the pizza place.

But, there is a big lot BEHIND the pizza place and oven below.

Drive down the hill and park behind the covered area.

I think the Margherita pizza is really good - best I've had around here.

If you take one home - dont crush the paper bag it's in - you'll lose lots of the cheese if you do.

- Provecho -