Chapala.com Webboard

Fito in Ajijic

Shira

Either they moved or opened a second place, but today I saw a huge sign for Fito on Constitution 3/4 of the block up from Colon on the right. They not only have the pizza that some of you thought was very good in their Riberas place but list pasta as well. It looked nice as much of it as I could see as I passed and could be a nice addition to the village culinary scene.

Guest petirroja

Either they moved or opened a second place, but today I saw a huge sign for Fito on Constitution 3/4 of the block up from Colon on the right. They not only have the pizza that some of you thought was very good in their Riberas place but list pasta as well. It looked nice as much of it as I could see as I passed and could be a nice addition to the village culinary scene.

Shira, is it across the street from Camaleon which Fito owns?

Guest petirroja

No. Cameleon is the beginning on the second block. It is on the first block in Jill Fessendens old place.

Actually it is almost diagonally across from Cameleon.

Oh, I guess maybe Fito has joined forces, or is sharing space, with Dionisio Morales, who moved into Xill's old place. But I haven't noticed a sign, but then I didn't look for one.

Actually I am not sure which of the two places it is as I had cars behind me and had to keep moving. I was more focused on the sign and brief look at the interior than to get a total read on it. I was so surprised to see the sign and then that it was already open.

• 2 weeks later...

We've eaten at the newer location only, in Riberas just east of Mirasol.

Prices are very good: 79 pesos for a basic two item pizza, up to around 115 for something larger. Probably better for take out than eating there unless you don't mind a very rustic ambiance. You also need to ask for it "dorado" if you do want it crispy. Bottom line: slightly cheaper than the best place at Lakeside just down the highway (Pizzeria Toscana), but with fewer topping choices, nothing authentically Italian, no salads or wine. They do aim to please and I hope they make it. Cell phone only, English spoken, 3315 740 720, open 1:30-10 p.m.

That sign is gone.

I was there the other night with a friend. My friend was the only non Mexican in the place. Once the tables were fairly full the owners visited and served the people at the other tables and gave them good service. Our service disappeared. When we got our cokes when we first arrived they were frozen.

The pizzas were good.

I would not rush back.

That sign is gone.

I was there the other night with a friend. My friend was the only none Mexican in the place. Once the tables were fairly full the owners visited and served the people at the other tables and gave them good service. Our service disappeared. When we got our cokes when we first arrived they were frozen.

The pizzas were good.

I would not rush back.

Ann please clarify.... were the restaurant customers only gringos and your friend was the only ONE Mexican in the place or the only NON Mexican in the place meaning that you are now a Mexican? Not trying to be picky but I can't figure out what you are attempting to tell us ie I read that what you are trying to say is that the place was full of Mexican customers and they were getting the good service and the gringos were not correct?

Have a great one !

Ann please clarify.... were the restaurant customers only gringos and your friend was the only ONE Mexican in the place or the only NON Mexican in the place meaning that you are now a Mexican? Not trying to be picky but I can't figure out what you are attempting to tell us ie I read that what you are trying to say is that the place was full of Mexican customers and they were getting the good service and the gringos were not correct

Have a great one !

Correct

Archived