Chapala.com Webboard

Pho

Betsy

Who likes Pho? I love it but you will not catch me slaving over a boiling pot of bones anytime soon.

I talked to one of the owners of my favourite restaurant, Simply Thai in Ajijic, and she told me that several Fho Fans had already asked her about it......It is really labor intensive but I think she just might cave if enough people mentioned it. Even just once a week as a weekly special would be great, don´t ya think?

Basically it is a rice noodle soup. The long prep is making the beef broth or stock from bones. Pho is is Vietnamese and is sometimes made with chicken rather than beef. There are restaurants that only serve

Pho, as well as many street vendors whose only ware is Pho.

There is a bit of humor in asking natives of Laos, who are operating a Thai restaurant to serve a Vietnamese dish.

Guest RevImmigrant

You can make the broth in your pressure cooker. I use Bein Scheiben (chambrette). Brown the meat first, deglaze the pan with white wine (or sake), then put in the pressure cooker with the spices and other ingredients (I usually put a little bit of tomato, a piece of celery, a small carrot and garlic). Cook under pressure for about an hour and a half. It freezes well and is handy to have.

You can make the broth in your pressure cooker. I use Bein Scheiben (chambrette). Brown the meat first, deglaze the pan with white wine (or sake), then put in the pressure cooker with the spices and other ingredients (I usually put a little bit of tomato, a piece of celery, a small carrot and garlic). Cook under pressure for about an hour and a half. It freezes well and is handy to have.

I would blow up the house...Pho Sho!

I would blow up the house...Pho Sho!

The jokes about pho are all really funny, but FYI it is pronounced FUH. There's always the joke about the restaurant (which served only pho) named Pho Kyu.

:ph34r:

The jokes about pho are all really funny, but FYI it is pronounced FUH. There's always the joke about the restaurant (which served only pho) named Pho Kyu.

:ph34r:

[/quote

Ha! I love it. I have always pronounced it as fo .. because usually no one knows what you are talking about if you say ¨Fuh¨.

Archived