Chapala.com Webboard

Secret Garden

dgleone

There is a rumor that the Secret Garden has closed. This is definitely not true. We had our weekly lunch there today and the food, as usual, was delicious and plentiful. What is true is the snack bar at the Lake Chapala Society is no longer managed by the owners of the Secret Garden.

There is a rumor that the Secret Garden has closed. This is definitely not true. We had our weekly lunch there today and the food, as usual, was delicious and plentiful. What is true is the snack bar at the Lake Chapala Society is no longer managed by the owners of the Secret Garden.

The new contract that was open for bids for the snack bar at LCS was awarded to the Coffee Kingdom. They started their service at LCS on Nov. 1st.

That would help explain why the very good and reasonably priced breakfast burritos are "no mas". Wah! :-(

LOL! That was my favorite too and I told the new guy (forgot his name already) to make them for us.

They are very agreeable to suggestions so let them know what you would like to see on the menu.

I have been told that their soups are very good- their other restaurant is on the mountainside across from Plaza Bugambillias.

maw

I agree that the couple who own The Coffee Kingdom are delightful. I had a wonderful coffee but less than acceptable french toast several weeks back at their carretera venue. I also had a decent coffee at their LCS snack bar last week, but could not find anything appealing to accompany it. I am uncertain if I am willing to trade a great soup as is being praised on this thread for Georgina's Morning Glory Muffins or one of her other savory pastries.

Archived