Chapala.com Webboard

Restaurant Recommendations for dinner (again)

Arjay

Looking for a nice restaurant for Friday night. We're a bit out of touch having been away for 6 months.

Suggestions, please.

:)

Try Hole in One in Riberas. Small, but excellent with very nice presentation. Had turkey with a cranberry glaze about 2 weeks ago and it was the best turkey I have ever had!

Try Laurent's at the Hotel Casa Blanca (16 de Sept. in Ajijic, across from LCS). Laurent used to own La Gasconade. He has a larger menu now and the dining area at the Hotel is very comfortable and nicely furnished. Great service, too.

I second the recommendation for Laurent. Four of us were there for comida today. I can recommend the caesar salad, cassoulet de escargot, beef filet with four peppers, pork loin with apples and tequila, sea scallops. We were all VERY pleased with the delicious food, the presentation of the food and the excellent service by Javier, one of the best waiters in the area. You might want to make a reservation at dinnertime (766-1500) as the place is fairly small - and very nicely decorated. We're so happy that Laurent came back to Lakeside!!!

I second the recommendation for Laurent. Four of us were there for comida today. I can recommend the caesar salad, cassoulet de escargot, beef filet with four peppers, pork loin with apples and tequila, sea scallops. We were all VERY pleased with the delicious food, the presentation of the food and the excellent service by Javier, one of the best waiters in the area. You might want to make a reservation at dinnertime (766-1500) as the place is fairly small - and very nicely decorated. We're so happy that Laurent came back to Lakeside!!!

We'd also heard good things about Laurent and 6 of us went there for dinner nearly 2 weeks ago. The surroundings were very nice but the only person who had a good meal ordered steak. Two of us had scallops which were tasteless and tough and not plentiful, plonked on top of mashed potatoes with just a few veg, 2 had chicken and 1 had pork, which were all bland and rather tough. Very disappointing. Hard to figure such different experiences but consistency is a very important aspect to keeping a restaurant in business.

Archived