Chapala.com Webboard

Brazilian restaurant

slainte39

Was told by some of my family in Guad. that there is a new Brazilian style restaurant, which they had heard was very good--you know "carne al espada"--but they didn't know the exact address, except that it was just off Lopez Mateos, south of Plaza del Sol. Has any one tried it or been there and know the address. Usually they are great places for carnivores if they have the quality--worth a try, anyway. Thanks if you have the info.

One we do know of is on Av. Americas close to Plaza Patria. Take Av. Patria toward Americas. Left on Americas and up the hill toward Zapopan. On the left will be the Brazilian place whose name I cannot recall. but it serves all the meat you can eat at a reasonable price. Just beyond that place is our favorite Italian restaurant, Massimo's,owned by an Italian and better than the others we've tried.

I tried a quick google search for rodizio Guadalajara and came up with Scratch du Oro on Ave of the Americas. It's also listed in trip advisor as 'scratch del oro' with very mixed reviews.

There may be others in GDL. You might want to post your question at chowhound.com or search further using the term rodizio.

One we do know of is on Av. Americas close to Plaza Patria. Take Av. Patria toward Americas. Left on Americas and up the hill toward Zapopan. On the left will be the Brazilian place whose name I cannot recall. but it serves all the meat you can eat at a reasonable price. Just beyond that place is our favorite Italian restaurant, Massimo's,owned by an Italian and better than the others we've tried.

Thanks--I do know that restaurant and we have tried it several times--not the greatest (IMO).

Years ago there was one on Patria, south of Vallarta , that was pretty good, called Amazonas, or something like that, but long gone. Before that, there was one on Avenida Mexico, about where McDonalds is now, just west of Plaza Mexico, that was really good, but that was about 20 years ago.

No this is, from what I understand, a new place, only been opened a short time. Twenty years is a long wait but I'll find it and let you know.

I tried a quick google search for rodizio Guadalajara and came up with Scratch du Oro on Ave of the Americas. It's also listed in trip advisor as 'scratch del oro' with very mixed reviews.

There may be others in GDL. You might want to post your question at chowhound.com or search further using the term rodizio.

Thanks Jeanette. I think this place is really new--like days, maybe weeks, at the most, so maybe it isn't logged into the search engines yet.

I'm going to send out the "sabuesos"--they'll find it and I will post it here.

BTW--how are you doing up in janbrewerland? Glad you are staying in touch with us all down here--we miss your posts of the local establishments.

Archived