Chapala.com Webboard

Manzanillo On A Budget

suzanjo

I apologize: admittedly, got a bit defensive about the verbiage against dogs.

It isn't the dogs that are the problem. They are just being what they are. It's the attitude of some of the owners that ticks people off. I have been to hotels where people are instructed to keep the pet outside, but we can assume they don't comply since there's often a "doggie in the window". I think we can also assume that not all of them are as hygienically correct as yours. And thus, the verbiage. Don't take it personally. Nuff said? :rolleyes:

I always enjoy the Pink Posada....It's a funky place that takes me back to the motels of the sixties, but ...just sitting in the main lounge so close to the waves.........ahhhhh. Have a great time!

The Dog thing...it is not about the dog its about the owner.

While we are enjoying a relaxing morning by the pool you and your dog come to sit nearby and you talk constantly to the dog... SIT, STAY, COME HERE, DON'T DO THAT, DON'T BOTHER THOSE PEOPLE.......all day long, a constant barage of verbalization from you to the dog...its much worse than poorly behaved toddlers who eventually go in for a nap or to eat..

A little off topic BUT

We were in San Francisco at a boutique hotel for 4 days in June- Discovered it was "Dog Friendly when a giant Golden Retriver jumped up from behind the Desk to greet us- Later saw dogs of all sizes, giant to small leaving the lobby for a stroll downtown- never heard a "woof" at any time in the hotel. Most large hotels including the upscale "W" are now dog friendly.

Also, while shopping in Macy's saw several people with dogs and was really surprised when I stopped in the 5th floor Starbucks for a latte to gaze out on Union Square that several people with dogs were also enjoying a respite- This was a totally new surprise- as a lifelong resident of SFO- we never in the past would even have considered taking our dog shopping at Macy's!

Ah well........the SF Bay Area was always ahead of its time. Just ask anyone who lived there. lol. (I can say that, since I did)

By the time I left, it wasn't PC to refer to the non-human who lived with you as a "pet" or "dog" or "cat" (or whatever else). The PC term was "animal companion".

Would it be okay to shorten it to "AC", d'you suppose? :020:

Guest RevImmigrant

the Ibis and Mercure hotels, which belong to the Accor Group, a French chain, accept pets. They charge 5 Euros a day extra for the pet. I've stayed at them in Berlin with my cats.

Guest RevImmigrant

I don't know either since I haven't been to Manzanillo in 11 years, but they were building one in Cancun when I came through there in January and people are always asking about hotels that are pet-friendly so the info is useful anyway.

The Dog thing...it is not about the dog its about the owner.

While we are enjoying a relaxing morning by the pool you and your dog come to sit nearby and you talk constantly to the dog... SIT, STAY, COME HERE, DON'T DO THAT, DON'T BOTHER THOSE PEOPLE.......all day long, a constant barage of verbalization from you to the dog...its much worse than poorly behaved toddlers who eventually go in for a nap or to eat..

trust me, you could not have heard anything I said to my dog, which I do not have to do. Sign language don't ya know.

There were four families at the hotel, with apx 3.5 kids each; OK tho, the parents did pretty good; even the folks who left the pool with their screaming baby (joy not other) for 30 min pool time. Yes, I asked them to leave. What a headache from all that screaming! But, esp I did not want the older kids woken up by the noise ab 11 PM....

Just back from Manza vacation: lost my post? let ya know that I thought of many of your comments, and appreciated. It is a lovely drive down and back. Mountains, ocean, what more is there? 4 hrs down and again back; went through Joco to the Cuotro. No problems anywhere. Way too hot for me, figure ac charges for the car and the room; charged whether used or not. nice, large room; clean enough but ants all over the bathroom and could not get rid of them with spray from the maid. good service. it is $50 a night, not $35, for the cheapest room. Oh well. Lovely place. Hard to find. Taxi took me to the hotel on the way down after I got lost: 15 minutes drive for about $4.00 USD. $5.00 tip USD. $50 USD for the tip for the hotel for 4 days and nights (ie, 15 %)overall, good place to be at the ocean. but not for single people! all families and couples. loud folks and screaming kids about. good food for b.fast and lunch. no dinners available. no music. etc. cpl said they are now at a month stay, after starting at a week years ago. thanks all.

There is a regular ad in the Guad Reporter advertising the Pink Posada. It clearly states that the rates are $58 USD plus taxes, with a 25% discount for Mexican residents.

If you request an air conditioned room, you are charged extra. If you don't happen to use it......they have no way of keeping track, and you are charged for what you requested.

Families are welcome. Kids, being human, do make noise. Happy noises and crying noises. Comes with the territory.

In our stays, we have encountered singles staying there as well as couples and families.

For those who enjoy that type of funky but fun place.......it's a very nice vacation. :020:

We've been to Manzanillo and we thought it was too industrialized and when looking across the bay all we saw was smoke stacks.

Barra de Navidad is just up the road a few miles and is a charming little village, much more laid back and a lot less traffic.

There are good restaurants right on the beach. No more Manzanillo for us. You can look it up on the internet.

There is a regular ad in the Guad Reporter advertising the Pink Posada. It clearly states that the rates are $58 USD plus taxes, with a 25% discount for Mexican residents.

If you request an air conditioned room, you are charged extra. If you don't happen to use it......they have no way of keeping track, and you are charged for what you requested.

Families are welcome. Kids, being human, do make noise. Happy noises and crying noises. Comes with the territory.

In our stays, we have encountered singles staying there as well as couples and families.

For those who enjoy that type of funky but fun place.......it's a very nice vacation. :020:

rates online at their website say differently. ac room not requested but given and charged anyway, no choice. sandwich for lunch is $65, no mayo or tartar available. high enough charges for what it is.

We've been to Manzanillo and we thought it was too industrialized and when looking across the bay all we saw was smoke stacks.

Barra de Navidad is just up the road a few miles and is a charming little village, much more laid back and a lot less traffic.

There are good restaurants right on the beach. No more Manzanillo for us. You can look it up on the internet.

Drove up to Barra de Navidad; looks OK; very hot and crowded the afternoon I was there. 45 minutes drive from Manzanillo.

rates online at their website say differently. ac room not requested but given and charged anyway, no choice. sandwich for lunch is $65, no mayo or tartar available. high enough charges for what it is.

I just checked their website and it is true that $38 is the rate quoted for singles. Then I checked the website listing under "pet friendly" hotels and it that is listed $70-78 US for rooms. Something is wrong.

When they charged you what they did, did you tell them that their website said otherwise, or did they make an extra charge for your pet?

Maybe someone should have mentioned that their lunches are no great shakes; in fact, they're terrible, and if breakfasts weren't free, we'd eat elsewhere. :rolleyes:

As far as Barra de Navidad is concerned........we drove up there once, looked over the crowded streets and beaches and turned around and headed back to Manzanillo. I prefer watching the ships go in and out of the harbor and seeing few people on the beach, but that's just me. Different strokes.

Sorry you didn't have a better holiday.

I just checked their website and it is true that $38 is the rate quoted for singles. Then I checked the website listing under "pet friendly" hotels and it that is listed $70-78 US for rooms. Something is wrong.

When they charged you what they did, did you tell them that their website said otherwise, or did they make an extra charge for your pet?

Maybe someone should have mentioned that their lunches are no great shakes; in fact, they're terrible, and if breakfasts weren't free, we'd eat elsewhere. :rolleyes:

As far as Barra de Navidad is concerned........we drove up there once, looked over the crowded streets and beaches and turned around and headed back to Manzanillo. I prefer watching the ships go in and out of the harbor and seeing few people on the beach, but that's just me. Different strokes.

Sorry you didn't have a better holiday.

watching the ships was awesome! To the contrary, the holiday was acceptable,I like La Posada and will go again when things cool down some.

Archived