Chapala.com Webboard

Manzanillo On A Budget

suzanjo

Try the famous "Pink Posada". Right on the beach, clean, comfortable, reasonably priced, and a dynamite view of the big ships going in and out of the channel to the inner harbor. Very entertaining. To get a sense of the place, check out this posting on Jim and Carole's Mexico Adventure Included in the posting is a link to the Posada's website with rates etc. We stayed there for a week and loved it.

Try the famous "Pink Posada". Right on the beach, clean, comfortable, reasonably priced, and a dynamite view of the big ships going in and out of the channel to the inner harbor. Very entertaining. To get a sense of the place, check out this posting on Jim and Carole's Mexico Adventure Included in the posting is a link to the Posada's website with rates etc. We stayed there for a week and loved it.

thanks so much! Just the info I needed. great website you have with this "Mexico Adventure".....I am unable to get ahold of the Hotel La Posada, but I will stop in next week and see what I can get. Do you have directions? I notice they have no map on their website.

When you get to Manzanillo, you will arrive at a concrete sculpture in a bit of a 'glorieta'. I'm never sure if it is a sail or a porpoise. However, you will want to go to the left and proceed, with the ocean on your right, several blocks and just past a navy base, you'll find 'La Posada' on the right. You are in 'Las Brisas' and if you go another block, you'll hit the dead end at the cruise ship canal.

Manzanillo, the hotel zone, is in the other direction from the sculpture, keeping the ocean to your left.

The old town and port are back the way you came. Just follow the big green signs.

When you get to Manzanillo, you will arrive at a concrete sculpture in a bit of a 'glorieta'. I'm never sure if it is a sail or a porpoise. However, you will want to go to the left and proceed, with the ocean on your right, several blocks and just past a navy base, you'll find 'La Posada' on the right. You are in 'Las Brisas' and if you go another block, you'll hit the dead end at the cruise ship canal.

Manzanillo, the hotel zone, is in the other direction from the sculpture, keeping the ocean to your left.

The old town and port are back the way you came. Just follow the big green signs.

thanks! perfect, I am ready to go.

thanks so much! Just the info I needed. great website you have with this "Mexico Adventure".....I am unable to get ahold of the Hotel La Posada, but I will stop in next week and see what I can get. Do you have directions? I notice they have no map on their website.

You will have no trouble getting a room - it is still quiet - but if you call after about 3.30 p.m. Monday-Saturday, Monica, who is bi-lingual, will answer the phone and help you - 314-333-1899. email - laposada_rosa@yahoo.com. We are staying there at the moment and it is delightful.

You will have no trouble getting a room - it is still quiet - but if you call after about 3.30 p.m. Monday-Saturday, Monica, who is bi-lingual, will answer the phone and help you - 314-333-1899. email - laposada_rosa@yahoo.com. We are staying there at the moment and it is delightful.

WOW! muchas gracious, and I'll buy your first drink on Weds if you r still around. very xcited...suz PS: course, I still don't know if theywill let my totally quiet 'therapy dog' in...lol can u pave the way?

RVGRINGO do you mean this sculpture?

Big blue sculpture in Manzanillo

It's a sailfish, and it's called Monumento al Pez Vela (Sailfish Monument.) Manzanillo has major international fishing tournaments each year, and they refer to their location as "the sailfish capital of the world." Although, I suppose if they catch too many, soon they won't be able to claim that title, but...

:rolleyes:

When you get to Manzanillo, you will arrive at a concrete sculpture in a bit of a 'glorieta'. I'm never sure if it is a sail or a porpoise.

WOW! muchas gracious, and I'll buy your first drink on Weds if you r still around. very xcited...suz PS: course, I still don't know if theywill let my totally quiet 'therapy dog' in...lol can u pave the way?

They are obliging about well behaved pets - there are regulations that the pet stay outside (there are a couple of tables outside for breakfast), be cleaned up after etc.etc.

Suz,

I guess anyone who has ever stayed at the Pink Posada has had a great time including my wife and I.The staff will be some of the friendliest you will ever meet. If you go there once, I'm betting you will go there again, enjoy.

Oh, just a reminder it will cost you 316 pesos one way for the cuota.

Fox

Suz,

I guess anyone who has ever stayed at the Pink Posada has had a great time including my wife and I.The staff will be some of the friendliest you will ever meet. If you go there once, I'm betting you will go there again, enjoy.

Oh, just a reminder it will cost you 316 pesos one way for the cuota.

Fox

Thank you Fox, did not know the cost. That's a whole lotta lettuce. I am very excited to go down. Have waited a year. If one has the ocean, one has it all.

Here comes the dogie thing again..would you want to stay at a hotel that knowingly allows dogs in their rooms and at the breakfast table??we hear that bed bugs are endemic in certain locations..do dogs bring more critters??

my dog is totally up to date on all vacinations and I'll bet he is cleaner in hygiene then you are. He does not bark and make noise like some peo's children. yes, I stay in very nice places which allow pets.

Here is a map which will show you where the Pink Posada is located, and also give you a good sense of the general area. The map shows the whole crescent shaped Bay of Manzanillo. Near the right tip of the crescent, close to the channel where the ships go into the inner harbor (Laguna de San Pedritos), you will find Hotel la Posada. That's it.

While you are at the Pink Posada, see if you can pick up the book "Innkeeper" which is the autobiography of the American who took over the small hotel in the 1950s, when Manzanillo was little more than a sleepy fishing town, and turned it in to a popular hotel that movie stars like Lee Marvin stayed in. It is a hilarious story and well worth the read. The current owners are Mexican, but they probably have a copy of his book available.

Enjoy yourself, and buena suerte!

Here is a map which will show you where the Pink Posada is located, and also give you a good sense of the general area. The map shows the whole crescent shaped Bay of Manzanillo. Near the right tip of the crescent, close to the channel where the ships go into the inner harbor (Laguna de San Pedritos), you will find Hotel la Posada. That's it.

While you are at the Pink Posada, see if you can pick up the book "Innkeeper" which is the autobiography of the American who took over the small hotel in the 1950s, when Manzanillo was little more than a sleepy fishing town, and turned it in to a popular hotel that movie stars like Lee Marvin stayed in. It is a hilarious story and well worth the read. The current owners are Mexican, but they probably have a copy of his book available.

Enjoy yourself, and buena suerte!

Actually Juan Carlos Martinez is Cuban and his partner, his ex wife, is American.

my dog is totally up to date on all vacinations and I'll bet he is cleaner in hygiene then you are. He does not bark and make noise like some peo's children. yes, I stay in very nice places which allow pets.

Well said!!

Guest RevImmigrant

Bournemouth, have no fear for the resident cat. No self-respecting cat will tolerate a dog that doesn't behave properly and doesn't show proper respect to a superior being.

Bournemouth, have no fear for the resident cat. No self-respecting cat will tolerate a dog that doesn't behave properly and doesn't show proper respect to a superior being.

Ha ha! I don't disagree. Fortunately my dog's best friend used to be a cat for many years. He loves cats, even tho they don't necessarily love him so much. There is a reason for the words, "scardy cat".

Archived