Chapala.com Webboard

Airline Fares

carib

What is happening with the international fares. Way too expensive for the kind of service they offer. Looking for a decent price for a week from Atlanta to Guad, round trip, for a week from february 27, 2011 and the best is almost 700.00 dollars with as much stops as a milkman. Direct flight almost a 1,000 dollars. Any ideas.

What is happening with the international fares. Way too expensive for the kind of service they offer. Looking for a decent price for a week from Atlanta to Guad, round trip, for a week from february 27, 2011 and the best is almost 700.00 dollars with as much stops as a milkman. Direct flight almost a 1,000 dollars. Any ideas.

What's happening? They're going up.

American Airlines just reported their first profit in several years. If history is any guide,the worm will turn soon,capacity will increase, numbers of passengers will fall and eventually so will fares.

Is it possible that there is a decreased number of seats available due to the demise of Mexicana causing supply and demand to push prices up?

The answer is yes there are fewer seats so prices will go up. The other reason for prices going up is that we are now heading into the tourist season in Mexico. Fares go up every winter. Want a cheap fare to Mexico...travel in off season.

Joni (30 year retiree with American)

Or you can get creative and look in the travel section of your paper and get one of those vacation companies flights to PV and then hop the bus over here...usually they will take a small number of flight only clients to fill the planes.

I hope I'm wrong, but it seems like air travel might be returning to the days of yore when it was only affordable

for the well-to-do. I recently priced rt flights from the east coast to the UK and Ireland. Absolutely nothing

under $1,000. Egad, what's going on here? And the OP is right- the level of service is terrible compared to years ago, not to mention all the hoops one has to jump through( particularly with the US airlines) like steep change and

cancellation penaties, Sat. night stayovers, having to pay for things that used to be included, etc, etc. It stinks

anymore. They've taken all the whimsy out of travel.

I hope I'm wrong, but it seems like air travel might be returning to the days of yore when it was only affordable

for the well-to-do. I recently priced rt flights from the east coast to the UK and Ireland. Absolutely nothing

under $1,000. Egad, what's going on here? And the OP is right- the level of service is terrible compared to years ago, not to mention all the hoops one has to jump through( particularly with the US airlines) like steep change and

cancellation penaties, Sat. night stayovers, having to pay for things that used to be included, etc, etc. It stinks

anymore. They've taken all the whimsy out of travel.

Check out flights from LA or San Francisco...then look for Volaris flights from Guad to LA and SF

Archived