Chapala.com Webboard

El Faron - Egyptian Restaurant

Betsy

We went to the Egyptian Restaurant last night and it was great. They had everything on the menu and the service was prompt. Wael is charming and asked how we liked each dish as it came out, kept the mint tea coming as well as the bread. Wael speaks english, Spanish, arabic and French and seems to enjoy chatting with the customers, explaining the dishes and his background. There were only 3 parties in there at that time but 2 more were arriving as we left. He seems to be very willing to please .

My husband had the Chicken livers and we shared the sampler platter. We enjoyed all of it especially the babaganoch. We know nothing about Egyptian food or what it is suposed to be but everything was different from the same old same old so we were happy.

Guest RevImmigrant

The ladies Sunday luncheon group was there several weeks ago. It was all very good so we're going back next Sunday. The prices are good (reasonable) too.

The ladies Sunday luncheon group was there several weeks ago. It was all very good so we're going back next Sunday. The prices are good (reasonable) too.

Has the owner taken a previous suggestion regarding adding more veggies/salads to his menu? When I hear that he has, I will certainly be back...at least once a week. But for now, I am opting for a healthier balance with the inclusion of lots of veggies and fruit in my diet.

Tried El Faron today and quite liked it. The food was fresh, very tasty and a nice change from the same-old, same-old. The owner and his helper are very friendly, the place is immaculate and the prices reasonable. If you like Arabic food (similar to Turkish), please give El Faron a try.

Tingers

Coming from Ajijic stay on the carratera driving in Riberas passing the animal shelter. When you see Mateo's on your left turn left onto the inner road just before you actually arrive at Mateo's. Turn left again so that you are heading back in the direction from which you came. El Faron is next to Brisis. They are about about 50 ft onto the side road you turned onto after the turn.

Archived