Chapala.com Webboard

AMIGOS BURRITOS AND THE TAIWAN CONNECTION

gringal

LOCATION: Next door to the police station on the Ajijic Plaza; formerly an ice cream place.

Our mini-dining group (four of us) met there at this new restaurant on the Ajijic Plaza yesterday a little after six. They were easing toward closing.....but we were graciously assured that we would be served.

So, we sat down, ordered drinks and soon, some killer Margaritas (25 pesos) arrived. Good strong ones.

We ordered two different kinds of burritos: pork and beef. 25 pesos each.

As we waited, TioBob chatted with us about his family and their concept for the restaurant. His wife is from Taiwan and came into the marriage with some grown children, one of whom was on site. One of the sons wanted to start a restaurant serving both some Mexican food ....and a variety of Chinese plates. Since the burrito filling was to be customers choice, you could have fried rice in it......lol. He told us that the pork had been simmering for over 12 hours, and that, since he's in the water purification business, everything would be super cleaned. Meanwhile, his wife was in the back, fixing our suppers.

They arrived, and were absolutely delicious. Large, with the shredded pork or beef being the main ingredients. Big, tender tortillas. We were delighted and in fact ordered more to share the other flavor.

I highly recommend it for a casual lunch or dinner. We'll all certainly be back, and are looking forward to going at a time when all the food, including the kabobs, will be ready to choose from. :P

I am so happy to hear the good news about Amigo Burrito. We know the family personally and they do all of our water purification service and are excellent and reliable. I will surely go to this restaurant and we have had the owners margaritas before and they are the best.

The traveler

Archived