Chapala.com Webboard

What is better a spanish homestay program or spanish language school program?

pawnbrokers5

• 1 month later...

This summer i am planning on going to a spanish speaking country to improve on my spanish skills. So far i have been taking 3 years of spanish, so i know the basics pretty well. I want to know the difference between a homestay program and spanish language school program. And what would be better? Thank yo

I live in Ajijic, but chose to go to Oaxaca for Spanish school and for me, a mini homestay, (ie A woman my own age who spoke English and her maid who did not). School was 4 hours, plus an intercambio, (one on one discussions) for one hour and then a 2 hour cultural class in Spanish. I took cooking, but there were other choices. It was great fun and I learned a lot but still have a long way to go. I attended Institute Cultural de Oaxaca. They have a web page.

• 2 months later...

I attended Spanish School in Ensenada. I chose the home stay option and I had a large bedroom and my own bath. The problem is I am a brat and kept getting the lady I stayed with to speak English. We laughed a lot and told many stories and I learned just a little Spanish from her. I lost 7 pounds in two weeks because I decided to try life as a vegan and I had to walk 3K, up hill, to school. I also learned about Comida. The host family provided breakfast and Comida, not dinner. I learned to eat everything on my plate at Comida and to bring a snack for School. Its a long stretch from 9 till 2PM! The school was great, but once again I am a brat and tried to find ways out of practicing by having the instructors tell me all about their lives. Lesson leaned: Most of the people you are staying with will enjoy practicing their English so you have to really work hard at sticking to Spanish, even when your brain hurts. (The home stay host and instructors certainly tried to keep me on track) I would do it again and probably will

Ensenada School: Spanish School Baja

• 6 months later...

I attended Spanish School in Ensenada. I chose the home stay option and I had a large bedroom and my own bath. The problem is I am a brat and kept getting the lady I stayed with to speak English. We laughed a lot and told many stories and I learned just a little Spanish from her. I lost 7 pounds in two weeks because I decided to try life as a vegan and I had to walk 3K, up hill, to school. I also learned about Comida. The host family provided breakfast and Comida, not dinner. I learned to eat everything on my plate at Comida and to bring a snack for School. Its a long stretch from 9 till 2PM! The school was great, but once again I am a brat and tried to find ways out of practicing by having the instructors tell me all about their lives. Lesson leaned: Most of the people you are staying with will enjoy practicing their English so you have to really work hard at sticking to Spanish, even when your brain hurts. (The home stay host and instructors certainly tried to keep me on track) I would do it again and probably will

Ensenada School: Spanish School Baja

I went there in 2000 and spent many weekends with National famly for very little money that time.

What is the current rate today!

Gracias

Gerg

Archived