Chapala.com Webboard

Food Photos

jkgourmet

If you have processed meats on your plate, you might want to take a look at these food photos...........................

http://www.naturalnews.com/PhotoTour_Mystery_Meat_1.html

click on the green 'next' button to your macro shots.

Its all about presentation and as many happen to state; you are what you eat, so you better know what you are eating!

I'm sorry but I miss your point. I posted photos from restauarants that many of us enjoy of some brilliant dishes.

Your link goes to a photo of a package of Oscar Meyer salami.

What is the conmection?

Jeanette

How many of the dishes in your photos contained Oscar Mayer salami? Now please be honest as it was hard to tell by the beautiful photos you took.

Jeanette

How many of the dishes in your photos contained Oscar Mayer salami? Now please be honest as it was hard to tell by the beautiful photos you took.

Ha ha ha ha ha.... ! Very good.

But seriously, folks, I think it's great that Jeanette showed us these photos. I've been reading for some time about this restaurant, but it's the photos that convinced me to go.

Which restaurant? Hole in one or viva Mexico? BOTH I hope!

Incidentally, as a notorious food snob, I only eat authentic made in Italy salami - (that's a joke, folks. But I do strongly prefer Hebrew National hot dogs.)

Now I'm off to eat my processed food and sugar filled Fruit Loops for breakfast. Photo's at eleven. ;)

I've really enjoyed Jeanette's reviews and, now, her photos of food sampled in her travels. I look forward to more such postings as I sit here paying the price for eating too well. I do like fruits and vegetables, but not to excess, so I relish photos of meat dishes, rich sauces accompanied by a glass or two of red wine. Unfortunately, I have to restrict myself to the photos :010: ..........Gout hurts a LOT! :013:

A suggestion, if you don't mind? Go to Viva Mexico after 4pm on a sat or Sunday. Ask Augustine (the owner) about the specials and for his suggestions.

This is the only restaurant that I know of that serves chile en nogada year round. Great place to bring guests, as well.

Let us know what you think - I hope you share my enthusiasm.

Let us know what you think - I hope you share my enthusiasm.

Thanks for the suggestions: I will. Was the fish in banana leaf actually on the menu, or a special? And gads, I love pipian. I've made it at home, from a variety of jarred sauces available at local grocery stores; unfortunately, they are almost all too picoso for most people.

He has recently changed and expanded his menu, so I don't know if it's a regular or a special. But he also sometimes can make things on request, so you might ask about it when you go.

The chicken pepian was not spicy hot, though again, might be available that way on request. It was delicious and very unique, made with a peanut based sauce.

What is the connection?

The subject line if this posting was food photo's and to answer your question as simple as possible; never judge a book by its cover.

However, if you do not care about the content (being a book or the food on your plate) and just go for the looks (or taste), than indeed such a remark would not be appropriate.

Nevertheless I would advise you to look a little bit 'deeper' into the 'food-picture' and the included link was just an example.

Those all looked really tasty to me! I really liked the way the desserts looked. I think I just put on a kilo. by watching it, LOL! I think I'll have to go try some soon. I love Viva Mexico and think they have great food, fair prices and excellent service. It's always a treat when we go.

Enjoy!

Valerie :D

Archived