Chapala.com Webboard

Whole Roasted Lamb

jkgourmet

Someone raved about a very popular place to get whole roasted lamb, probably located in GDL. The name is Gavelini's or something like that.

We'd really like to go - have already been to Terrazza Quitipan a few times and would like to try another place before we head NOB.

Anyone have any ideas about this place or another alternative?

Someone raved about a very popular place to get whole roasted lamb, probably located in GDL. The name is Gavelini's or something like that.

We'd really like to go - have already been to Terrazza Quitipan a few times and would like to try another place before we head NOB.

Anyone have any ideas?

If you take the Joco route to Guadalajara, Gavelins is on your left on Lopez Mateos Sur. Seems to me that it is past WalMart/Sams but is before Home Depot. It's been there I think at least 10 years but haven't heard it mentioned in connection with lamb. There are several other restaurants (same side of the street) that have signs for borego.

Gavelani has lamb in many forms. If you are heading to the Lopez Mateo Costco, Mega etc. Watch for it on your left shortly before you get to Costco. It is just before the overpass. It is set back from the road so spot it before you head back towards it or you can roar past it. It has a huge mural on the side wall.

if you really like lamb I would go. I have eaten there several times. They put a large assortment of botanas on the table. I love the potatoes that are part of the assortment. The price is right.

It is a very large restaurant and gets very busy at the time for comida. I don't know about what it is like at night.

It is very Mexican.

Archived