Chapala.com Webboard

Amigos Burritos

the walkers

we noticed some action going on inside the shop next to the police station yesterday. it had been closed for the last year after Bing's ice cream shop closed. we were greeted by a gringo named Bob who then introduced his son and daughter-in-law to us. they had an array of burrito ingredients on the hot table and a grill for the tortillas and a condiment table as well as seating. the burritos were 25p. they had 2 vegetarian selections, one with soya in a sauce and the other was corn, rajas and mushrooms. other meat topping were beef steak, picadillo, pork and veggies, chicken and veggies, potato and chorizo,and a few more that i cannot recall. they had a white refried beans. they are just starting out, so they're still open to suggestions. we suggested an asian burrito special a la Kogi's--a speciality Koren burrito truck that is super popular in LA. anyway, give them a try....

We went today and bought 4 burritos to go. We chose a bistek, chorizo & potato, carne de res Mexicana and a carne de res picante. They offer beans and rice for each burrito and then put your chosen topping on before wrapping it up. The only thing missing (in my opinion) was cheese melted onto the flour tortilla before adding the ingredients. I asked about it and within minutes a lady appeared from the back with some cheese for me. The employees are all very friendly and the place looks clean and welcoming.

I hope they succeed and will definitely go back. As I arrived, some friends were leaving and they said they enjoyed their meals as well as the Margaritas. I was told they were really tasty and only 25 pesos/each. Will have to give them a try next time, LOL!

The cost for the 4 burritos was 100 pesos. My husband and I had two each and were full afterwards.

Enjoy!

Valerie :D

We ate there the night of the Grito. Don't expect the "bigger than your head" type of burritos that haunt California/Texas, etc. These are modeled on the (outstanding) Los Burritos de Moyahua variety found at their landmark restaurant on the Chapala/GDL highway.

Very happy it's here, since nowhere else offers this as far as I know.

We ate there the night of the Grito. Don't expect the "bigger than your head" type of burritos that haunt California/Texas, etc. These are modeled on the (outstanding) Los Burritos de Moyahua variety found at their landmark restaurant on the Chapala/GDL highway.

Very happy it's here, since nowhere else offers this as far as I know.

Tacos Nicos has extensive burrito offerings, delicious too!

The entire restaurant water is purified by passing through a sediment filter then an activated granular carbon filter then an ultraviolet light much like many of your homes. That water is then further purified through a reverse osmosis system in the kitchen. That water is used to wash all vegetables, cook your food and for drinking water.In addition there is a hot water heater to properly wash dishes. Food safety is the number one priority, good tasting food is equally important.

The restaurant is named Amigos because it is a place for friends. We encourage friends to join a large table with other soon to be friends much like the Buena Vista restaurant and bar in San Francisco. I met many interesting people there by joining those large inviting people filled tables.

The burritos are great, the best I have enjoyed. You may wonder why I feel so strongly about such a new restaurant. Surely it isn't because the owner is my son Alan nor that my other son Jackie(H2Olé) put in the water system. I'm saying it because it is true. But don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself.

TioBob

The entire restaurant water is purified by passing through a sediment filter then an activated granular carbon filter then an ultraviolet light much like many of your homes. That water is then further purified through a reverse osmosis system in the kitchen. That water is used to wash all vegetables, cook your food and for drinking water.In addition there is a hot water heater to properly wash dishes. Food safety is the number one priority, good tasting food is equally important.

The restaurant is named Amigos because it is a place for friends. We encourage friends to join a large table with other soon to be friends much like the Buena Vista restaurant and bar in San Francisco. I met many interesting people there by joining those large inviting people filled tables.

The burritos are great, the best I have enjoyed. You may wonder why I feel so strongly about such a new restaurant. Surely it isn't because the owner is my son Alan nor that my other son Jackie(H2Olé) put in the water system. I'm saying it because it is true. But don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself.

TioBob

Since you are in the know TioBob can you give us their hours. We will certainly try it.

The current hours are 10 am to 6 pm, closed Wednesday. The hours may change as needed due to demand.

Thank you for your interest, my son is eager to please and to provide a friendly environment with good food. Sort of a Mexican Cheers with food.

TioBob

Wife and I stopped in for lunch yesterday about 2:00 - reminds me of some of the places that have become popular NoB. One difference is the more manageable size of the burritos at a very attractive price. We each had one burrito and a beer. Very tasty and several condiments to make it even more your way. 80 pesos. We'll go back - even if they hadn't given out 20% gift cards for Oct/Nov as we left. :)

The current hours are 10 am to 6 pm, closed Wednesday. The hours may change as needed due to demand.

Thank you for your interest, my son is eager to please and to provide a friendly environment with good food. Sort of a Mexican Cheers with food.

TioBob

I would like to second the motion for an asian burrito....

Archived