Chapala.com Webboard

Army Wings - Ajijic

jkgourmet

Others have posted a lot on this new place in the new mall across from Walmart. We went for the Wednesday special - buy 20 get 10 free - and ordered take out. 20 hot wings, 10 honey mustard wings. There are plenty of other flavors to select (though I didn't see my favorite, honey hot), as well as other menu items including hamburgers, ribs and what-not.

The place is brand new, clean as a whistle, fast-food style like I would expect in an airport or NOB (no insult intended by that at all!) I can't fairly comment on the service as we did take out.

Wings came with one smallish cup of ranch dressing, which I later learned was the grande size. Before we left, I asked and paid 15 pesos for another cup of the ranch. (blue cheese was also available at a higher price.) No celery sticks were included, but they were available for an extra cost.

The were definitely tasty. The hot wasn't very hot, but that's probably a good thing for most palettes. The honey mustard wasn't overpowering, as it often can be. However, they WERE small. We eat wings quite often NOB, frequently at bar and grill kind of places where they have happy hour specials, so we understand how small these things can be. But these were really small.

Total price was 193 pesos (178 for 30 wings on Wed special, 15 pesos for the extra "grande" size of ranch). If these wings had been a decent size, I might have thought that price was okay. And if I wasn't going NOB for a very long time, I might go back just for a fix. Other than that, I just can't justify the cost.

• 2 weeks later...

Went there last night, 2 for 1 import beers and national (price shows in white on menu). Place was slow at 8pm but by 10.30pm was packed and had video DJ good music pumping, average crowd was younger, much younger than me most had seemed to be recent graduates of the prepa. Lots of cute girls.

Total price for 12 beers, fries and cheese sticks with tip was 300 pesos.

Went there last night, 2 for 1 import beers and national (price shows in white on menu). Place was slow at 8pm but by 10.30pm was packed and had video DJ good music pumping, average crowd was younger, much younger than me most had seemed to be recent graduates of the prepa. Lots of cute girls.

Total price for 12 beers, fries and cheese sticks with tip was 300 pesos.

Spencer, I sincerely hope that you didn't drink all 12 of those beers yourself? That you shared some with the adult-age cute girls? :)

I don't know.....When I was a "cute girl", I preferred "handsome, older men", not "boys"......I married a man 10 years my Senior and wouldn't have it any other way. Young girls can choose for themselves and sometimes, they enjoy older men. Just my .02 worth, LOL!

Valerie :D

Archived