Chapala.com Webboard

Travel GDL to MEX and then Oaxaca Ctiy

FeelinGroovy

Has anyone taken the bus the whole way?

I'm thinking of flying to Mexico City and then taking a bus to Oaxaca City. Has anyone does this? Flight from GDL to MEX are offered online from Interjet and AeroMexico with Interjet being considerably lower priced. I don't know how current this info is.

Any useful information and/or experiences will be appreciated.

I've only gone to Oaxaca by chartered bus and it was a two day trip. From D.F. to Oaxaca it will be about 6-7 hours. If you take the bus from Guadalajara, you'll not only have to change buses in Mexico City, but bus terminals as well. Of course if you fly to MEX, you'll have to change terminals as well. You can catch a bus at the airport to Puebla and then from there a bus to Oaxaca.

I'm thinking of flying to Mexico City and then taking a bus to Oaxaca City. Has anyone does this? Flight from GDL to MEX are offered online from Interjet and AeroMexico with Interjet being considerably lower priced. I don't know how current this info is.

Interjet is a great airline. I've flown twice from Toluca to Tuxtla GutiƩrrez and loved both the service and the price.

You could fly Interjet from GDL to Huatulco, Oaxaca (think Pacific Ocean beach) for about $2600 pesos round trip, and then catch the ADO bus from Huatulco to Oaxaca (and back) for about $250 pesos each way. I think that would be easier and faster than the GDL/Mexico City/Oaxaca route you suggest, and certainly a lot faster than taking the bus the whole way.

Interjet is a great airline. I've flown twice from Toluca to Tuxtla GutiƩrrez and loved both the service and the price.

You could fly Interjet from GDL to Huatulco, Oaxaca (think Pacific Ocean beach) for about $2600 pesos round trip, and then catch the ADO bus from Huatulco to Oaxaca (and back) for about $250 pesos each way. I think that would be easier and faster than the GDL/Mexico City/Oaxaca route you suggest, and certainly a lot faster than taking the bus the whole way.

Good information. Thank you so much.

Took the bus overnight to MC and within one hour got the bus to OaxaA

several years ago we took a month long trip to oaxaca... that was my first trip to mexico... and i did not know what to expect...

i flew into MC on dec 12- and did not know that dec 12 was one of the most important days in mexico... i think 3.5 million people flew into MC that night...

it took me 4 hours to get a cap to the bus station... the line was that long...

when i got in the cab- i soon realized that we were not moving because the streets were filled with people walking and crawling-

pretty awesome to witness...

got to the bus station at like 4am- figured i would be robbed of all my possessions-- but had no problems...

bus ride was about 6-7 hours-- we stopped once for feds to get on and look around...

i remember one portion of the trip went by some massive organic type of farm-- went on for miles and miles... south of puebla maybe...

i loved oaxaca at xmas-- we were struck by the beauty of the city and the trash...

Archived