Chapala.com Webboard

Kudo's to: La Taverna del Quattro Mori - Ajijic

jkgourmet

After our prior visit, we returned for another good meal, but with an extra surprise that I felt was important enough to share.

Our food was fine, though we would now agree that ordering off the specials menu is probably a better way to go. And the pasta is terrific - homemade and fresh and cooked perfectly al dente.

I had ordered a bottle of wine, a Shiraz, from the menu and even pointed to the one that I wanted at the bottom of the page. It was 130 pesos. The wine was delivered, we tasted it and were pleasantly surprised at how good this wine was. I admit, we didn't look at the label, but then we rarely do. We enjoyed it thoroughly.

When the bill arrived, I noticed that we had been charged 260 pesos for the wine. We asked the waiter, who brought us the wine list and explained that we had received a different wine, one that was listed at the top of the page.

Mistakes happen, and I understand that. The wine was good, so I suggested that we split the difference in pricing, happily willing to pay 200 pesos for the wine we drank. The waiter explained that the young woman who took our drink order was new, and went off to see what he could do. When he came back , the wine price had been reduced to 130 pesos, with their apologies for the mix-up. (remember, I had suggested that we just split the difference, so this was VERY generous.) The young woman who took our drink order also apologized as we were leaving.

Besides the very good food (remember: Northern Italian, not Southern Italian), good prices, and generous servings - this place knows how to keep customers happy. As I said in my prior comments on this restaurant, I wish I had one like it at home in Arizona.

In the spirit of providing correction and unsolicited advice on minor matters not pertaining to the subject of the thread, I observe that neither the OP, nor anyone else other than a moderator can change the title of a post (I might have used the phrase, "a post's title", but I was unsure of the correct placement of the apostrophe.)

Many posters write quickly, not realizing that the syntax and grammar police are checking for errors. Perhaps it is just me, but I'd rather have a detailed and accurate description of Jeanette's dinning experience than one that is completely accurate regarding syntax and grammar.

Syntax?

Grammar?

It was merely two misspelled words.

There was no mention of changing the post title, merely a suggestion to edit, e.g. proofread, or submit the text to spell-check.

As I've written before, I enjoy reading about Jeanette’s dinning (sic) experiences as much as anyone.

In the spirit of providing correction and unsolicited advice on minor matters not pertaining to the subject of the thread, I observe that neither the OP, nor anyone else other than a moderator can change the title of a post (I might have used the phrase, "a post's title", but I was unsure of the correct placement of the apostrophe.)

Many posters write quickly, not realizing that the syntax and grammar police are checking for errors. Perhaps it is just me, but I'd rather have a detailed and accurate description of Jeanette's dinning experience than one that is completely accurate regarding syntax and grammar.

I was waiting to see how long it would take Alias to comment on your "dinning" typo - 16 hours. I guess, for some, that extra "n" renders the entire post unintelligible. Whatever you do, don't leave an "s" out of dessert. I suspect you were baiting Alias.

Archived