Chapala.com Webboard

Las Quekas del Abuelo - Quesadilla Bar - Ajijic

jkgourmet

It's been too long so I stopped by Las Quekas today for a cup of chicken soup (thanks Jeanette) and 3 quesadillas. Wow, what a fantastic and filling late lunch. The food was just as good as I remember, and Sylvia and Sergio just as friendly. Please folks, don't let this place go under. If it's been a while for you drop by and give Las Quekas another try.

Walking home, one half block away from Las Quekas, I discovered LoGans. Wanting something sweet after my quesadillas I had a crepe with nutella and bananas (28 pesos) and a cup of wonderful coffee w/a hint of cinnamon. God, what an incredible one two punch! Now I'm just holding my stomach from eating so much. Check out LoGans, next door to 60's in Paradise, and say hi to Gaby, the owner.

Had lunch there today-very good. Between the 2 of us we had 5 different kinds of the q's and also the chicken wings. All of it was really good and the owner's are very nice. Great prices. Need to keep this place busy so they can make it. They have a English language menu and they both speak English for those of us still learning the language,

We ate there again last week but had to be inside during the day since the back was filled. From the first time I walked in there I have wanted to rip the stuff off the walls and paint the walls cream and take down the curtains to open it up and cast off the gloom. It is decidely unattraactive from the doorway and sitting in the midst of dark on a sunny day takes the fun out of the food. Every time I want to say something to the lovely and obviously caring proprietors whomever I am with says its none of my business. How I wish they had a space bright and shiny.

We ate there again last week but had to be inside during the day since the back was filled. From the first time I walked in there I have wanted to rip the stuff off the walls and paint the walls cream and take down the curtains to open it up and cast off the gloom. It is decidely unattraactive from the doorway and sitting in the midst of dark on a sunny day takes the fun out of the food. Every time I want to say something to the lovely and obviously caring proprietors whomever I am with says its none of my business. How I wish they had a space bright and shiny.

I agree, the decor leaves a lot to be desired.

Archived