Chapala.com Webboard

2010 Crime Report - Mexico

lorilee

Are these data reliable? The page on robbery,for example, shows all states but six to be below the national average. Mathematically that doesn't seem right.

I always suspect tabulations which include unreported crimes. How can they consider them if they are a secret?

This means nothing, zero, nada as 85% of crime in Mexico is not reported and 95% is not finalized through the judicial system. Anyone who puts any credence into these numbers has their head in the sand.

Meanwhile, it shows the murder rate at 350% of the US rate and by the way that works out to approx 800% of Canada's murder rate. If that gives anyone solace it is beyond me.

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/mexico-considers-dissolving-overwhelmed-city-police-forces/19602256

This means nothing, zero, nada as 85% of crime in Mexico is not reported and 95% is not finalized through the judicial system. Anyone who puts any credence into these numbers has their head in the sand.

Your figures are probably too low. I would guess more than 85% of crime is not reported. Maybe 95%. At least in this area.

As a Canadian considering a move to the Lakeside area in a few years, the number one concern is the crime rate...reported and unreported. For those in Lakeside, how safe do you feel? Is the crime situation changing? Do you feel comfortable driving around town or to other areas?

Thanks

As a Canadian considering a move to the Lakeside area in a few years, the number one concern is the crime rate...reported and unreported. For those in Lakeside, how safe do you feel? Is the crime situation changing? Do you feel comfortable driving around town or to other areas?

Thanks

If you'd like some responses to your question, you may want to repost this as a separate thread on the Lakeside section of this website. The Mexico section is for areas of Mex other than Lakeside.

Archived