Chapala.com Webboard

Recoletto Redux - San Antonio

jkgourmet

After several excellent dinners at Recoletto (I posted about these several months ago), several recent visits force me to say that my opinion of this business has been seriously damaged.

The primary reason is our frustration with the repeated unavailability of menu items. Several times out of salads. Two times out of flap steak. One time out of flap steak and filet (and the rib eye that husband accepted as a last resort was thin and tasteless.) Another diner told of being unable to get wines on the wine list.

While I give the staff and chef a great deal of credit for their attempts to make things right (offers of more expensive entrees at reduced prices, a bottle of wine sent to our table, complimentary desert, many apologies), I don't know that we will return. Which is sad, as we really liked the place and enjoyed the food. But after three visits with multiple menu items unavailable, we'll venture to somewhere else that has a more reliable stock of food and wine.

Guest RevImmigrant

I had Easter dinner with the girls at Recoletta and I agree with you about the ribeye. It was not cut the way ribeyes/entrecote are normally, was thin and not that good. The best items was the empanadas, which were very good, and the chimichurri sauce.

I was hostess of one of my luncheon club groups of 16 people and I chose Recoletto's and of the 7 lunch specials, they were out of 3. I wrote an email to all of my group memebers apologizing. I was really embarassed. I gave them 2 weeks notice of our group coming and called them 3 times to remind them and they were still out of food. No more.

The traveler

Archived