Chapala.com Webboard

Spectaular restaurant

cedros

For me for a restaurant to be memorable not only must the food and service be good but the setting must be at least nice/interesting preferably special. For those reasons I think places like Chac Lan and La Vita Bella restaurants are special. I tried El Risco in Piedra Barrenada (just east of San Juan Cosala) last night and I would say it has the most spectacular setting on the whole lake. Stunning setting on the cliff above the lake with a infinity trough between you and the lake. A small menu-2 steak dishes at about 130 pesos, pizza at 95. and 4 pasta dishes at about 70. Margaritas at 65. The restaurant is only open on weekends after about 6.

Where are the other two restaurants that you mentioned located?

Also, would like to hear about other Lakeside settings that others enjoy. Quality of food at those spots or if they are best for just a drink and the sunset.

Where do you always take guests and why?

Thanks.

Where are the other two restaurants that you mentioned located?

Also, would like to hear about other Lakeside settings that others enjoy. Quality of food at those spots or if they are best for just a drink and the sunset.

Where do you always take guests and why?

Thanks.

They are in the Raquet Club just above El Risco. For lunch I like to take visitors to La Nueva Posada. A very nice garden setting on the lake with good food and service. For dinner I often take visitors to Chac Lan or La Vita Bella if I want to impress them with the view. If I want to let them taste Mexican food to Viva Mexico.

An "infinity trough"? Please define and/or elaborate.

It wasn't a very good description. It is like a infinity pool so when you are sitting in the restaurant looking out the pool merges with the lake. I didn't call it a pool as it is only about a meter wide and very shallow.

VIVA MEXICO-San Juan Cosala

New menu- same low prices, excellent dining

The new menu is still not available in a printed form. Ask for the other items besides what is listed on the menu for all the choices. Excellent food and nice atmosphere, I agree (perhaps my favorite place in Lakeside). But no view, which was one of the OP's original requests.

We dined at El Risco tonight and totally agree with Cedros. The setting in unbelievably beautiful. The food is reasonably priced. We had a couple of service issues, which are easily correctable. The one steak order arrived considerably later than the three pasta dishes, and one of the pasta dishes was cool, but the taste of all the meals was superior, and the vacio steak was extremely tender and flavorful.

They need to do some promotion, as there were only 4 tables occupied throughout the evening. A couple of the waiters are regulars from Salvadors, and the staff were all very pleasant.

It has a different atmosphere than Chac Lan, but both are very nice. We will visit El Risco often in the future, and it is a super place to take visitors.

• 6 months later...

They are open Thursday to Sunday from noon. Thursday and Sunday they close at 8, Fri. & Sat at 11.

Seeking any updated input on Restaurante Risco, and/or reviews. Is the restaurant still only open and serving on weekends, and what are the days and hours theyre open? Mil gracias todos…

Archived