Chapala.com Webboard

Hole In One - San Antonio

jkgourmet

I believe it wasn't too long ago on this very board that some wag suggested to Pancho they needed faster cheaper coffee, and he simply ran over to the store and brought back a regular ol' coffeemaker. In those days, HoleInOne was golden. So they don't need to rely on the espresso machine; perhaps they are into the whole secret gouging routine now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest petirroja

Just my opinion, but I love Hole in One....love it. It's fun and different, the food is consistently good...certainly better in my opinion than Four. And the atmosphere is open, airy, and who cares if they're hitting balls? You can see the lake and the trees and hills of Chula Vista. My friends and I love "dining" leisurely, sitting over drinks, and great coffee.

In my experience if one orders coffee made from an expresso machine (expresso, cappachino, etc.) you are always charged by the cup. Of course when you buy a cup of brewed coffee, it is common or even usual to get multiple cups at no additional charge.

Given the worldwide practice (including the US and Canada) of charging for expresso by the cup, why would anyone, including the few who claimed to be surprised here, expect the additional cups to be free?

Archived