Chapala.com Webboard

Breakfast at Mom's - Riberas

jkgourmet

Husband was hungry and wanted something "normal" for breakfast today, so on our way to Chapala, we passed Mom's and had to stop in to try it. I'm not a breakfast fan, but the place is bright, friendly, clean as a whistle and crowded. He was very excited to see "homemade country sausage patties" on the menu (he's keeps getting hot dogs or chorizo every time he orders sausage at breakfast) and a waiter who spoke English well enough to finally understand what "eggs over easy" meant. With his order came toast and hashbrowns. Very happy camper.

I had pancakes and that same sausage, finding both delicious. He enjoyed the cooked apples that came with my pancakes (again, I'm not a fan - but he declared them very tasty).

Better coffee than we've had in most places, reasonable prices. Lunch menu was full of American-style standards (meat loaf, Reuben sandwiches, BBQ beef, etc.) with daily specials.

If one is looking for a taste of home, Mom's might fit the bill perfectly. (I believe they do breakfast and lunch only.)

Elsewhere, you can get 'over easy eggs' by asking for 'huevos volteados'.

Sunny side up = Huevos estrellados

Scrambled eggs = Huevos revueltos

Poached eggs = Huevos escalafados

Boiled eggs = Huevos hervidos

I think!

Elsewhere, you can get 'over easy eggs' by asking for 'huevos volteados'.

Sunny side up = Huevos estrellados

Scrambled eggs = Huevos revueltos

Poached eggs = Huevos escalafados

Boiled eggs = Huevos hervidos

I think!

Thanks - I'll let him know!

They also call sunny side up huevos tiernos.

Archived