Chapala.com Webboard

Pranzo Bistro

Sailor

We just returned from having breakfast at the Pranzo Bistro in La Floresta. We had the spinach, cream cheese and bacon omlet which was excellent. It came with bread, and choice of hashbrowns or beans. Very nice atmosphere and pleasant waiters. We will definately go back again. They will get their liquor license in one month. The price was 50 pesos plus coffee and tea.

We had lunch there several days ago. Apparently the chef was having a personal crisis, and the owner patiently explained this to us. After 35 minutes our order finally came. The lasagne was cold in the middle (plus it was barely edible to my palate!) ( Okay, I am prepared for your comments...to this end let me share with you that I am an excellent cook. I also have traveled in Italy a number of times. IMHO, the pasta was prepared according to someone's vision of what a gringo/a would deem acceptable fare. Further, the pasta side dish accompanying my friend's entree was also cold. The complimentary cookies offered did not offset the unedible meal. I am so disappointed in this restaurant. We were there about a month ago and had a decent dining experience, ordering sandwiches. I am just so exasperated with inconsistent service and food offerings in Lakeside! TANGO, here I come.

Archived