Chapala.com Webboard

Cozumel - Chapala

jkgourmet

We'd enjoyed this place on our prior visits, and ARE realistic with our expectations. This is not a restaurant to choose when looking for the best seafood dinner of your life, or a swanky atmosphere. But the service has always been excellent, the shrimp and fish usually quite good, and the free margaritas or wine sure make it a wonderful bargain at about $8 USD per person. Especially the margs which are quite good. The red wine is just okay, we did not taste the white.

Prior visits included the whole fish and the garlic shrimp (the latter was very good). This visit included Shrimp Diablo and the shrimp stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon. Large shrimp, generous servings, for both entrees. The shrimp with bacon was the winner here -- I'd order it again. The Shrimp Diablo was much too salty. In another restaurant, we might have chosen to send it back. Included sides of rice and vegies were fine. The salsa is quite good, and the taco chips with melted cheese that are included prior to dinner are quite tasty.

Service was friendly, pleasant and no very happy to offer free refils on those free margarita's or wine. So - we'll go again, I'm sure.

We'd enjoyed this place on our prior visits, and ARE realistic with our expectations. This is not a restaurant to choose when looking for the best seafood dinner of your life, or a swanky atmosphere. But the service has always been excellent, the shrimp and fish usually quite good, and the free margaritas or wine sure make it a wonderful bargain at about $8 USD per person. Especially the margs which are quite good. The red wine is just okay, we did not taste the white.

Prior visits included the whole fish and the garlic shrimp (the latter was very good). This visit included Shrimp Diablo and the shrimp stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon. Large shrimp, generous servings, for both entrees. The shrimp with bacon was the winner here -- I'd order it again. The Shrimp Diablo was much too salty. In another restaurant, we might have chosen to send it back. Included sides of rice and vegies were fine. The salsa is quite good, and the taco chips with melted cheese that are included prior to dinner are quite tasty.

Service was friendly, pleasant and no very happy to offer free refils on those free margarita's or wine. So - we'll go again, I'm sure.

We have gone on Friday for the local band music and later the taped "oldies" music. What fun! And of course free drinks gets the dancing going.

Archived