Chapala.com Webboard

Salads

slainte39

Salvador's has a nice little salad bar for 28 pesos. It is not real gourmet but a one time serving is sufficient. If you want to go for refills it is a little more expensive. A nice quick lunch.

I have been to California salad's twice. The salad were plenty big and plenty of fresh different greens but I never did get what I ordered. There were always other things in the salad that were not listed on the menu. I also found the salads to be very dry and had to keep asking for more dressing.

The traveler

La Nueva Posada just added about a half dozen interesting main course salads, for the summer. They have an ad in the current Guadalajara Reporter.

At an average of over $100 pesos per salad, they're all too expensive.

A great salad can be had at the outdoor restaurant on the plaza in Ajijic. Arrachera salad, grilled chicken salad, and the ever-popular slightly-curried chicken-salad-in-a-fried-tostada salad.

At an average of over $100 pesos per salad, they're all too expensive.

A great salad can be had at the outdoor restaurant on the plaza in Ajijic. Arrachera salad, grilled chicken salad, and the ever-popular slightly-curried chicken-salad-in-a-fried-tostada salad.

I like the salad bar at Yves. I also like his lamb chops because they don't have that game-y taste of other lamb I've had in other places.

Looking for a few opinions---which restaurant(s) in the Chapala-Ajijic area serves up the best salads or salad bar?

Freshness,variety of choices, size, price, etc.

Subway will be opening up in 2 weeks - July 2nd- at the new mall with lots of salads and free delivery!!

The one just north of the carretara - their shrimp tempura very good also, in fact anything I have eaten there is very tasty. The salad has lots of avocado, red onion,mixed greens,cucumber and peppers, but it is the dressing that makes it really good.

Guest Gringal

I've recently been to La Nueva Posada and tried the 85 peso cup of soup with shrimp stuffed avocado plate.

Different soups per day. Some hot; some cold. All good so far. Lots of shrimp in the shrimp salad piled on the avocado half. Lovely cool patio. Enjoyed the meal. Surimi salad a little less.

Tony's has a salad bar for around 45 pesos. Not bad. Nicely covered with plastic lids.

Archived