Chapala.com Webboard

New Menu at Viva Mexico

bobs

We had dinner at Viva Mexico last night and the owner told us about his new menu which will be out next week with over 50 Items on it and the highest price is 850 peso. He has not raised his prices and he has added many new items. They are closed on Thursdays, but open at noon and week days and at 10am on the week end and are open to 10pm at night..If you have not been to Viva Mexico, next week is the time to go and try some of the old and new items...

We had dinner at Viva Mexico last night and the owner told us about his new menu which will be out next week with over 50 Items on it and the highest price is 850 peso. He has not raised his prices and he has added many new items. They are closed on Thursdays, but open at noon and week days and at 10am on the week end and are open to 10pm at night..If you have not been to Viva Mexico, next week is the time to go and try some of the old and new items...

Bobs - I'm hoping you mean 85 pesos and not 850??

I was able to get some of his new menu in Spanish. Note the prices..

Menú Restaurante. Pagina 3

-Filete miñón…………………$80

Delicioso filete de res acompañado con papa al horno y tocino, morrón cebolla y champiñones

-Puntas de Albañil………….$75

Arrachera de res, frijoles y guacamole con tortillas recién hechas

-Arrachera……………………$70

Carne de res, guacamole, acompañado con ensalada y frijoles

-Pechuga de pollo con nuez……$65 Milanesa de pollo con nuez acompañado con arroz, frijoles y ensalada

-Fajitas……………………….$65

Hechas con carne de res o pollo sazonadas con ajo, sal y pimienta, cebollas, chiles morrones, acompañada con arroz, frijoles y ensalada

-Banderillas………………....$75

O brochetas, de Filete res, trozos de morrón, Jitomate y cebolla, acompañado con arroz, jitomate y ensalada.

-Pechuga marinada…………$60

Filete de pollo, arroz, servido en una cama de lechuga con arroz y verduras

-Hamburguesas……………....$35

Rica carne de res en pan extra grande con jitomate, cebolla, chile jalapeño

Here is more of the new menu in Spanish........

Menú –del Mar página 4

-Cósala……………………$85

Camarones preparados con trozos de morrón, cebolla, champiñones y cubiertos con crema de nuez.

-Machis…………………….$85

Camarones preparados con rajas de morrón y cebolla cubiertos en una crema a base de chile chipotle y atún, gratinados con queso mozarela.

-Tamal mal amarrado…….$85

Camarones envueltos en hoja de maíz, preparados con jitomate, cebolla, cilantro y gratinados con queso mozarela.

-Camarones al ajo………....$85

-Camarones /Brocheta…….$85

-Camarones empanizados…$85

-Camarones BBQ…………...$85

-Camarones en molcajete...$90 Los preparamos con morrón y cebolla sazonado con sal y pimienta en una salsa hecha de jitomates asados, cubiertos con queso mozarela y/o panela.

-Camarones / Hierbas Preparados en aceite de olivo, romero, mejorana, sal, pimienta, ajo y jugo de limón

-Filete Mixtli………………..$75 Filete blanco de pescado cocinado a la plancha preparado con hierbas (albahaca, orégano y cilantro) sazonado con sal ajo y pimienta envuelto en hoja de Maíz

-Filete empanizado con nuez………....$85

Filete de cazón con mucha nuez acompañado con papa al horno, arroz y ensalada

We had lunch there on Monday and it was wonderful. I enjoyed the shrimp molcajete, my husband had the marinated chicken and Sushi enjoyed the beef kebob. We had three sodas and the bill was $240 pesos. It was delicious, quality, well prepared food, ample portions and the staff was so friendly. It's well worth the drive to SJC to enjoy a meal there.

Also, bought ribeyes for 70 pesos/kilo at the Carniceria across the street and like always, they were wonderful.

Enjoy!

Valerie :D

I'll try to give you directions. If you go to SJC from Ajijic, you will turn left (towards the lake) about 2/3 of the way through town. I look for the church spires and know I am close and then turn down towards the plaza. Once I pass the church, I turn right on a 2 way street. It's on that street. It's about 3 blocks down on the right. It's a bright yellow building with Viva Mexico on the front.

The Carniceria I like is just before the restaurant on the left side. They have great prices and good quality meats. For example, I got some Ribeyes there on Monday for 70 pesos/kilo and today we bought Cocida for 45 pesos/kilo. In comparison, I paid 100 pesos/kilo for Ribeye and 60 pesos/kilo for Cocida just this week at El Torito in Ajijic.

We ate there at viva Mexico again today and it was delicious. There were only 2 other tables with diners, though. I hope more people with go there to keep them busy.

I had the Viva Mexico plate that includes beef, chorizo, fundido cheese, a chicken sope, sopa de arroz, guacamole, beans and salad. It was 75 pesos.

My husband had the fajitas with guacamole, beans and salad and I think it was 65 or 70 pesos.

Our friend had the chili relleno with guacamole, beans and salad and it was 60 pesos.

We had 2 horchatas, an agua mineral and 4 Cervezas. The total was 306 pesos. You just can't beat the quality of the food, the portion sizes and the pleasant staff along with the reasonable prices.

Hope you'll all give them a try.

Happy eating,

We just had another excellent meal at Viva Mexico. Great food, service, ambiance, and prices. If you haven't tried it yet, you should do so.

SJC - just a few miles outside of Ajijic but you feel like you're in a whole different place - a nice little getaway and very well-worth it! Can't

wait to go back. By the way, there were a few large Mexican families there today who appeared to be enjoying their meal as much as we did -

always a good sign in a Mexican restaurant.

Yes, it is also known by that name. Not sure why the confusion...but it's the same place with the same great food, great prices and great service. Give 'em a try!

Augustine,the present owner of Viva Mexico, bought Tia Lupita from his Aunt Lupita a few years ago thus the two names. Tia Lupita still helps out a bit at the restaurant. She is the elderly lady you see walking around occaisionally.

• 3 months later...

Easy directions:

Drive to SJC and continue on the carretera until you see a tall antenna ahead of you on the left. As you approach it you will see a large school also on your left. At the end of the school turn left. Drive down to the corner and turn right driving along the front of the plaza. Viva Mexico will be on your right about 1 3/4 blocks down.

The carneceria mentioned is just before it on your left.

Archived