Chapala.com Webboard

Jalisco Executions

Mad_Max

I wonder how much of that drug dealing in Cancun results from selling the stuff to tourists.

Also, that picture is interesting, looks like most of the beach is eroded away.

Surely you cannot believe that this horror of narcoviolencia in Mexico is about street drug deals gone bad...

They could be fighting over the local market, who knows? The post I responded to isn't about national narco wars, it is about an incident in Cancun. Have you noticed that every one of these big tourist meccas seems to have a lot of these incidences? Perhaps because the narcos do sell a lot of their poison in these places.

I expect that some of these killings are local turf battles in places where drug sales are lucrative, some are the result of turf fights for regional supremacy and some are related to the rich markets for selling drugs to the Americans and Canadians.

They could be fighting over the local market, who knows? The post I responded to isn't about national narco wars, it is about an incident in Cancun. Have you noticed that every one of these big tourist meccas seems to have a lot of these incidences? Perhaps because the narcos do sell a lot of their poison in these places.

I expect that some of these killings are local turf battles in places where drug sales are lucrative, some are the result of turf fights for regional supremacy and some are related to the rich markets for selling drugs to the Americans and Canadians.

hmmm.... Jalisco - 11 narco executions reported since 6/2. The cancun incident probably happened at the same time that 3 got executed in El Salto this weekend.

As El Salto isn't a tourist destination, it is not making the news. Cancun is - because it a tourist destination - . The narco violence is all over. And much to much is now happening in Jalisco.

The Cancun murders also follow on the heels of the arrest of the major for his narco involvement. Local incident? Sure - problem is that local incidents are all over the country - to include Jalisco

Mainecoons, I hate to be the one to disillusion you, but you are 100% wrong about this.

This is absolutely part of the narcoviolenca that is nation-wide. It's just making the news because it happened in Cancún--and because it upped the ante of horrendous torture and mutilation of the victims. The 'Z' on the victims abdomens is presumed to be 'Z' for the Zetas, a major player in the drug war.

Mainecoons, I hate to be the one to disillusion you, but you are 100% wrong about this.

This is absolutely part of the narcoviolenca that is nation-wide. It's just making the news because it happened in Cancún--and because it upped the ante of horrendous torture and mutilation of the victims. The 'Z' on the victims abdomens is presumed to be 'Z' for the Zetas, a major player in the drug war.

I wondered myself why a clandestine grave with a mere half dozen corpses in Cancún is getting so much attention when they just finished removing seventy-seven from a mine air duct in the state of Guerrero. (And six local schoolteachers were executed, reportedly because of suspicions they had revealed the location.)

I don't know how you got the idea I don't think the narco violence is nationwide. I'm just pointing out that these criminals have a variety of reasons for killing each other. Not all the dope is being peddled to the Americans and Canadians and I'll wager that more than a little of this stuff is sold in places like Cancun.

Heck, one of the big reasons the spring breakers like Mexico is the ready availability of dope. Ask any U.S. college student if you don't believe me. It's a big reason for coming.

The only thing I feel pretty certain about is that this country doesn't have sufficiently strong governance to root out the narcos. Mexicans I know share this view and fully expect the PRI to return to power and re-broker the deals that kept things quiet on the surface before the PAN bought into the U.S. failure called the war on drugs and confronted these people only to find themselves quite outgunned.

I wondered myself why a clandestine grave with a mere half dozen corpses in Cancún is getting so much attention when they just finished removing seventy-seven from a mine air duct in the state of Guerrero. (And six local schoolteachers were executed, reportedly because of suspicions they had revealed the location.)

Slow news day perhaps.

Yes - it is amazing. But everyone recognizes the name Cancun - not so with Taxco. The news prints what they want to - most are all for-profit businesses. And they are probably weary of all the stuff going on down here. But I am surprised it didn't make the NOB news

The only thing I feel pretty certain about is that this country doesn't have sufficiently strong governance to root out the narcos. Mexicans I know share this view and fully expect the PRI to return to power and re-broker the deals that kept things quiet on the surface before the PAN bought into the U.S. failure called the war on drugs and confronted these people only to find themselves quite outgunned.

I was in Tijuana the other day, once considered a hotbed of drug violence and I saw way more PAN banners than those from PRI. This is for local elections, but the PRI doesnt seem as strong as you would expect there.

I was in Tijuana the other day, once considered a hotbed of drug violence and I saw way more PAN banners than those from PRI. This is for local elections, but the PRI doesnt seem as strong as you would expect there.

A more likely explanation is that PAN hung more banners. It doesn't mean there is more public support for PAN.

To my recollection PAN has controlled Baja California for a while now. Generally PAN does well in areas with more wealth. Baja California (Tijuana) is one of the most expensive places to live in Mexico.

Slow news day perhaps.

It showed up, family sent the info from Huffington, but the aspect is focusing more on the torture, the Z in the torso and heart remove possibility, and the fact that one body was the director of security for Playa del Carmen resort.

Archived