Chapala.com Webboard

Cartel camp seized

solajijic

Although I am a cautious person I often forget to be as diligent as I should be, these photos of a recent Mexican military raid on a Zeta training camp near Monterrey shows me just how diligent I had better become all the time. I never thought these were just bad boys getting together to protect a piece of their action...I know its an all out war, but....this is just astonishing.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?179317-Mexicos-Army-finds-Zetas-cartel-training-camp-large-weapons-cache

Although I am a cautious person I often forget to be as diligent as I should be, these photos of a recent Mexican military raid on a Zeta training camp near Monterrey shows me just how diligent I had better become all the time. I never thought these were just bad boys getting together to protect a piece of their action...I know its an all out war, but....this is just astonishing.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?179317-Mexicos-Army-finds-Zetas-cartel-training-camp-large-weapons-cache

In the state of Sinaloa we have it just as bad . Everyday here in Mazatlan ,

Culiacan and the smaller towns . People are getting killed .

ADRIANA

Guest RevImmigrant

This Dragunov (which is a Russian sniper rifle) posted excellent pictures; wonder where he got them? Thank you for posting this, Solajijic. I've long thought the bad guys were better armed than the police in many places.

One needs to look up definition of "war" and I have no doubt Mexico is fighting an internal war. Unfortunately, they use police with less equipment, less money, less training.

It is a war and it will be a long one. Drugs and drug money is an integral part of the life of so many Mexicans, much more so than in Colombia. People aren't likely to give up their easy riches and study or work hard once they've been accustomed to the taste of the good life. They will die fighting to keep that way of life.

As grim as that sounds...it has the ring of truth to it....as sad as that is. I wonder if we'll ever see the Mexico of five or ten years ago again....at least in terms of that feeling of personal safety.

It is a war and it will be a long one. Drugs and drug money is an integral part of the life of so many Mexicans, much more so than in Colombia. People aren't likely to give up their easy riches and study or work hard once they've been accustomed to the taste of the good life. They will die fighting to keep that way of life.

Diario de Yucatan (Merida, Yucatan) 5/10/10 and note the last article as the PRI represents the narcos.

Mexico’s very expensive fight against crime

In Mexico, enormous amounts of resources are taken away from productive activities in order to prevent and combat the negative effects that insecurity brings about. This hampers development and also the economic growth of the country. This was reported by the “CEESP” (Mexico’s Private Sector Center for Economic Studies.) The CEESP warns that the cost of insecurity in Mexico is more than 15% of the country’s GNP. If crime is not halted, the country can fall into a vicious circle of more inequality and poverty.

http://www.yucatan.com.mx/noticia.asp?cx=9$2707000000$4299459&f=20100510

From M3 Report

La Cronica de Hoy (Mexico City) 5/10/10

From bad to worse [an op/col. by “Pepe Grillo”]

Mexico’s narco statistics are devastating. During Felipe Calderon’s administration there have been almost 23 thousand assassinations. That is, there’s a dead victim every 55 minutes, according to Miguel Perez, of Monterrey’s “Tec” (Technological Institute.) And Carmen Inchaustegui, a federal congresswoman, says that 20 percent of execution victims are youths and children. Another “Tec” member says that 20 to 40 billion dollars are laundered through currency exchange and insurance firms.

____

Narco threatens a political party

Several districts and cities in the Mexican state of Tamaulipas do not have candidates from the “PAN” pol. party because those interested have received “direct threats” from drug traffickers. The areas involved include Ciudad Mier, Camargo, Nueva Ciudad Guerrero, Rio Bravo and San Fernando, all located at or near the lower Rio Grande River valley. The statements about the threats were made by the PAN party candidate for governor of the state, who added that the rival “PRI” party does have candidates for those locales.

Archived