Chapala.com Webboard

Mis Amigos

martygraw

Was talking to Michel at Mis Amigos yesterday and was told that they are going to be offering Roast Beef, and fresh whole turkey dinners in the future. If there roast beef is a good as it was last Wed on St Georges day, I for one will be partaking. Good food, fair prices and great entertainment.

Thanks Marty for the advance on the roast beef.

We will be serving aged, imported sirloin tip roast beef dinner including fresh bread and garlic butter, mashed potatos , roast carrots and plenty of delicious gravy, starting this Friday and Saturday after 2:00 P.M. until closing and every week thereafter. The price is $99 pesos.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we will offer either cold roast beef or hot roast beef sandwiches for lunch.

For your dining and dancing pleasure we have live entertainment on Fridays and Saturdays.

Hope to see you soon.

Buen Provecho.

Looks like several of you still don't get it. So the guy who started the back biting in response to a reasonable question earned the longest suspension, the guy who took the bait and responded equally inappropriately got the second longest suspension and the guy who couldn't resist piling on has been given his last warning before suspension.

We mean business about ending this sniping and back biting people on this board. I have received NUMEROUS PM's from newbies and other board members thanking us for the crack down. I do not intend spending my time editing posts from the same bunch of snipers over and over again. Three strikes and your out. I don't care how popular you think you are, personal sniping is VERBOTEN. Got it?

Drove our yesterday for the roast beef and it was great.

I was prepared for a letdown as I have not had really good roast beef since coming to Mexico. They didn't disappoint and were everything Martygraw said and more, so if you want a really great dinner go west people.

Oh and they serve it with horse radish deelish.

Have a great day.

Pera

Roast beef sounds wonderful. Can you tell me again where this restaurant is located? Also, do you know if it's possible to get rare roast beef?

Thanks,

Valerie :D

Roast beef sounds wonderful. Can you tell me again where this restaurant is located? Also, do you know if it's possible to get rare roast beef?

Thanks,

I do not know about the rare roast beef but the restaurant is located in the same building as the Marina Hotel and Spa in El Chante. Coming from Ajijic, it is on your left, just after Las Fuentes which is on your right, and shortly before where the careterra makes a left heading into Joco.

Thanks,

Thanks for your interest in our roast beef. The simple answer is yes, however to get rare you need to call and make a reservation for either Friday or Saturday as other then a special order we serve only medium rare, medium, medium well and well done. When you call ask for either Angel or Julie and tell them what you want and when.

As to the location of the restaurant Peter was pretty close, we are not in the hotel, we built our own restaurant on the lot emmediately to the east of the hotel.Hope to see you soon and don't forget Cinco de Mayo and Mothers day special events at the restaurant including live music for both fiestas

Buen Provecho.

Thanks so much and that sounds just wonderful! We are waiting for our Chihuahua to have her puppies so right now we are stuck to the house. In a couple of weeks, we can go out again, LOL! We will definitely call ahead and place an order for some rare roast beef. Thanks for your willingness to provide this service.

Looking forward to it,

Valerie

Happy Cinco de Mayo Grandma and wish you and the expectant mother the best. We have a blond bomb shell chihuahua but like a father with a beautiful daughter have kept her away from those young boys.

Good luck with the birth.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday (Monday), we drove to Mis Amigos so we could see where they were located and to take a look at the menu. In a previous posting, I'd asked about rare roast beef and they seemed willing to prepare it for me with an one day notice. We found the place easily enough and the sign on the door said "Abierto". I walked in and found 3 people seated at a table watching TV. It was obvious the place was closed as the chairs were stacked on top of the tables and no one was there but employees.

A young man greeted me in English and said "we're closed". I commented that "I can see that but I am only here to find your location and take a look at the menu.". He repeated again "we're closed'. I asked if I could just take a look at the menu as we hadn't planned to stay and eat but he said "the menus are locked away". OK....Fair enough...

I didn't bother to mention we'd driven from Ajijic based upon recommendations made here and we were only hoping to learn the location and take a look at the menu as he seemed quite eager to see me out the door. I obliged and we left. I don't plan to return.

From there, we went to San Juan Cosala and enjoyed a delightful meal at Viva Mexico just across from the wonderful Carniceria. Have enjoyed meats from there for years and just never made it into the family restaurant across the way.

I had a daily special of shrimp molcajete, my husband enjoyed a marinated/grilled chicken and we ordered the beef kebob for the mascota. It was all delicious. The service was also excellent. Although a young man waited on us, the owner came out twice to check on us and ensure we were happy. The three entrees and three sodas came to a total of 240 pesos. We'll definitely be back!

Happy Eating,

Valerie thank you so much for your post. Why because it provides us with information that we need to know. Yes we were closed and whomever was in the restaurant were not employees, that I can assure you as that is their day off, and Angel goes to Guad to pick up supplies for the week, and does not return until Tuesday morning.

I will bet anything, they were not our emplyees, and that is why I am thanking you. We provide a Key to the maintanance man from the hotel next door as he also serves as the night watchman. We installed a security system to protect the restaurant from Tio Bob when we opened. The hotel employee was given the key in case of any false alarms or if in fact someone was breaking in to assist the police before we could get there. There are only 3 keys out and he has one as do I and Angel.

The fact that he was in the restaurant and watching our TV is very disturbing to say the least, as we pay him each week and we thought we could trust him. Obviously not!

I truly hope that you understand and will return and after meeting Angel Morales and the other members of our staff know that what we were guilty of was not taking down the sign that should have said closed.

I know for a fact that our employees after working 6 days do not return from Ajijic on their day off.

Again our thanks and we also thank you in advance for your understanding.

WOW! I'm sorry to learn this and hope you will be able to get things straightened out. I can tell you that there were 3 people, I think the other 2 eating at the table in front of the TV were one man and one woman. The man who came to the front to tell me you were closed did speak English (if that helps determine who it was). It was around 2 pm on Monday.

After hearing this, we will definitely be back and look forward to meeting you and trying your food. Sorry about the misunderstanding and thanks for bringing me up to speed on what happened.

Archived