Chapala.com Webboard

Sushi Wars

slumdog

Anyone catch the hi-def documentary Saturday night about the Sushi Wars? An encroaching battle between two sushi-restaurant giants: Genki Sushi of Japan, and Yo! Sushi of Britain. Fascinating: the Japanese company has changed the Chinese into sushi lovers, keeping his prices at just around a buck U.S. for basic dishes. Meanwhile, Yo! Sushi is experimenting like crazy, inventing all kinds of colorful dishes to keep people interested. Both restaurant styles have huge conveyor belts of fresh sushi circulating constantly.

It seems Yo! already has a bunch of restaurants in the States, while Genki complains that (echoing the Japanese sushi "establishment") it's not "real" sushi. Genki's whole gig is to buy massive amounts of fish stocks daily, dealing for huge discounts, and then sending the base product to all it's restaurants around the world.

Some of the sushi pictured just looked SO good. Since they're both now opening restaurants in Dubai, I just might have to go there soon.

Anyone catch the hi-def documentary Saturday night about the Sushi Wars? An encroaching battle between two sushi-restaurant giants: Genki Sushi of Japan, and Yo! Sushi of Britain. Fascinating: the Japanese company has changed the Chinese into sushi lovers, keeping his prices at just around a buck U.S. for basic dishes. Meanwhile, Yo! Sushi is experimenting like crazy, inventing all kinds of colorful dishes to keep people interested. Both restaurant styles have huge conveyor belts of fresh sushi circulating constantly.

It seems Yo! already has a bunch of restaurants in the States, while Genki complains that (echoing the Japanese sushi "establishment") it's not "real" sushi. Genki's whole gig is to buy massive amounts of fish stocks daily, dealing for huge discounts, and then sending the base product to all it's restaurants around the world.

Some of the sushi pictured just looked SO good. Since they're both now opening restaurants in Dubai, I just might have to go there soon.

O SUSHI Q , baby i love you .......sorry , i couldn't resist !

Archived