Chapala.com Webboard

Update on California Salads

slumdog

Hey, maybe that's the one they made for Julius' birthday! :020:

Et tu, Gringal? :o

I forgot to mention the "Caesar" also had cherry tomatoes and no parmesan and GIANT croutons and.....and....and.....but they DID bring me THE Salad Knife and a fork and also a plate (to heave onto from the bowl) and it was delicious and inexpensive and I'm not dead yet.

According to my Mexican Doctor. Who is popular.

Et tu, Gringal? :o

I forgot to mention the "Caesar" also had cherry tomatoes and no parmesan and GIANT croutons and.....and....and.....but they DID bring me THE Salad Knife and a fork and also a plate (to heave onto from the bowl) and it was delicious and inexpensive and I'm not dead yet.

According to my Mexican Doctor. Who is popular.

Mine had parmesan cheese, mushrooms, cucumbers, chicken, croutons, orange peppers, green peppers, red peppers, red lettuce, romaine, meschun lettuce (I think), green beans, cherry tomatoes. I deliberated whether the lettuce was hand torn or cut. Still deliberating. Maybe it was a Julio Caesar salad. And yes, delicious and inexpensive. Finished 1/3 of it today - so three meals out of this one:)

I do need to find a doctor - so appreciate your recommendation. And the fact that you are not dead yet speaks well for the popular doctor.

Guest Gringal

Mine had parmesan cheese, mushrooms, cucumbers, chicken, croutons, orange peppers, green peppers, red peppers, red lettuce, romaine, meschun lettuce (I think), green beans, cherry tomatoes. I deliberated whether the lettuce was hand torn or cut. Still deliberating. Maybe it was a Julio Caesar salad. And yes, delicious and inexpensive. Finished 1/3 of it today - so three meals out of this one:)

I do need to find a doctor - so appreciate your recommendation. And the fact that you are not dead yet speaks well for the popular doctor.

Have you come to bury the Caesar, or to praise it? Sounds delicious.

I've had salads there and I agree Carlos is a doll but needs to fine tune a few things like grilling the meat fresh for each salad, etc. I had a fantastic caesar salad the other night in of all places Viki's Hideaway and commented to the waiter (and later to Viki when I ran into her) that it was every bit as good as any caesar I have had at high end restaurants in my hometown of San Francisco. I find the food Lakeside to be plentiful, fresh, cheap and delicious.

"CRUISE DIRECTOR W/O A SHIP"

• 3 weeks later...

We have eaten at California and found the food quite good, very large portions, but painfully SLOW, We watched the owner tear off each leaf of lettuce one at a time, for each salad ordered. I wondered why they couldn't have at least a few ingredients partially made up in advance. We couldn't complain about the f thoughreshness, but it took us about an hour to get our food. We decided we would go back, because we definitely liked the food & the portions, but only if we were NOT in a hurry!!!!

Archived