Chapala.com Webboard

Leern spanish free here!!!

ojosnegros

I would like to put 10 words every 3 days and you have 2 days to learn it.

And with some words we can star with little stories.

And i can learn from you to write good english.

Do you thing is a good idea?

And we can learn together.

Please add some replys to know.

Es una buena idea, pero no creo que haya muchos aquí que vayan a querer participar. Casi todos preferirían quejarse de la vida en México.

Pero buena suerte

I would like to put 10 words every 3 days and you have 2 days to learn it.

And with some words we can star with little stories.

And i can learn from you to write good english.

Do you thing is a good idea?

And we can learn together.

Please add some replys to know.

Sure. Why not? I'm interested. / Claro. Cómo, no? Estoy interesado.

(See? I can use all the help I can get with Spanish!)

I'll start by re-writing what you wrote with a couple of changes:

"I would like to post 10 words every 3 days and you have 2 days to learn them.

And with some of the words we can start with little stories.

You can learn Spanish and I can learn to write better English.

Do you think this is a good idea?

We can learn together.

Please add a reply so I know if you are interested."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Sure. Why not? I'm interested. / Claro. Cómo, no? Estoy interesado.

(See? I can use all the help I can get with Spanish!)

I'll start by re-writing what you wrote with a couple of changes:

"I would like to post 10 words every 3 days and you have 2 days to learn them.

And with some of the words we can start with little stories.

You can learn Spanish and I can learn to write better English.

Do you think this is a good idea?

We can learn together.

Please add a reply so I know if you are interested."

• 6 months later...

There are several free on line sites where you can type in a sentence then click button for instant translation, the first time I went to Mexico I made cards with English sentence on one side and Spanish translation on the other, it was very useful if I was having trouble being understood, The best one was. Please drive me to this address , home , bank , clinic, airport etc

• 2 months later...

I have been trying to learn Spanish since I moved here and seem to have some mental block...I am grateful that most of the folks I deal with will put up with someone speaking as if they were a 3 or 4 years old...would love to learn more so yes, please keep it simple.. Two sites I have been using and I find really helpful is www.dictionary.com and www.spanishdict.com...

I signed up for word of the day and I figured attempting to learn and use two new words a day was better than nothing.

I have been trying to learn Spanish since I moved here and seem to have some mental block...I am grateful that most of the folks I deal with will put up with someone speaking as if they were a 3 or 4 years old...would love to learn more so yes, please keep it simple.. Two sites I have been using and I find really helpful is www.dictionary.com and www.spanishdict.com...

I signed up for word of the day and I figured attempting to learn and use two new words a day was better than nothing.

Learning a language is a full time job as long as you do not put in the time and energy, you will not learn . No one like the idea but you have to take a class from someone, not a computer everyday and then practice the rest of the day. Read in Spanish, listen to people , try to communicate and learn from the mistakes.

I am learning a new language now which is very difficult and I have found that the only way for me to make any progress is to be with people who speak the language and try to communicate with them. It is an exhausting process and the only way to learn. I have never learned a language from a computer or a dictionary, these are part of the learning process and can help but you will not learn how to be fluent that way.

Spanish is easier to learn than many other languages but it is not "easy"...actually I do not know of any"easy" to learn language. It takes effort , commitment time and practice, lots of it.

You should be able to learn it in 3 years if you put a lot of contineous effort- Many people think a 3 year commtment is too much and as a result they try to learn it for the rest of their life and never succeed.

Learning a language is a full time job as long as you do not put in the time and energy, you will not learn . No one like the idea but you have to take a class from someone, not a computer everyday and then practice the rest of the day. Read in Spanish, listen to people , try to communicate and learn from the mistakes.

I am learning a new language now which is very difficult and I have found that the only way for me to make any progress is to be with people who speak the language and try to communicate with them. It is an exhausting process and the only way to learn. I have never learned a language from a computer or a dictionary, these are part of the learning process and can help but you will not learn how to be fluent that way.

Spanish is easier to learn than many other languages but it is not "easy"...actually I do not know of any"easy" to learn language. It takes effort , commitment time and practice, lots of it.

You should be able to learn it in 3 years if you put a lot of contineous effort- Many people think a 3 year commtment is too much and as a result they try to learn it for the rest of their life and never succeed.

Agree, I have just returned to private classes after years of not working at it. If you don't use it, you lose it. The biggest problem for me, is that I get very little opportunity to speak the language, other than shopping.

Archived