Chapala.com Webboard

Applying for FM2/FM3

Rony

Hi, my FMT tourist card expires May 20th. If I want an FM2/FM3, do I need to start my application at least 30 days before May 20th or can I wait until that day to launch the procedure ?

Thanks for answering my question !

Rony

Hi, my FMT tourist card expires May 20th. If I want an FM2/FM3, do I need to start my application at least 30 days before May 20th or can I wait until that day to launch the procedure ?

Thanks for answering my question !

Rony

You are required to begin the process 30 days prior to the date your FMT expires. So, it appears that Wednesday, 21 April, would be the day to appear at the INM visit in the Palacio Municipal de Chapala. Get there at 8AM to sign in and get a number. Go for breakfast and return, going to the inside courtyard, and wait for INM to arrive. Other expats will be there and they'll guide you through the details. INM will give you and instruction sheet, in English, with all of the current requirements. English is spoken and the process is not complicated, especially if you go to Maria, at the papeleria near Mario's Restaurant in San Antonio Tlayacapan, to have the typing and checking done for a small fee. No need to hire an agent, especially now with some of the rules changing.

You are required to begin the process 30 days prior to the date your FMT expires. So, it appears that Wednesday, 21 April, would be the day to appear at the INM visit in the Palacio Municipal de Chapala. Get there at 8AM to sign in and get a number. Go for breakfast and return, going to the inside courtyard, and wait for INM to arrive. Other expats will be there and they'll guide you through the details. INM will give you and instruction sheet, in English, with all of the current requirements. English is spoken and the process is not complicated, especially if you go to Maria, at the papeleria near Mario's Restaurant in San Antonio Tlayacapan, to have the typing and checking done for a small fee. No need to hire an agent, especially now with some of the rules changing.

Someone just posted - but I can't find it for looking - that they are no longer going to come to Chapala due to a lack of funds and that people have to go to Guadalajara for everything.

Someone just posted - but I can't find it for looking - that they are no longer going to come to Chapala due to a lack of funds and that people have to go to Guadalajara for everything.

I've just realized that it wasn't here but the OP needs to check into this - immigration may not be coming in the foreseeable future.

Today is Wednesday. Does anyone know if they were in Chapala today?

I just found a post by Hensley, who says that they were to pick up documents today and that INM did not arrive. The guard told them that INM will, "no longer come to Chapala."

So, it seems we will all have to go to Guadalajara for renewals. http://www.inm.gob.mx/EN/index.php?page/I_want_to_renew_my_FM3_or_FM2

You can download the necessary forms from that site. I believe the address in Guadalajara is:

Dirección

Alcalde No. 500 4° Piso Palacio Federal, Col. Centro, C. P. 44280 Guadalajara, Jal.

Teléfono

01 (333) 942 02 90

Horario de Atención al Público 09:00 a 13:00 hrs.

What? I'm must be way out of the loop here. Just a couple of months back posters on this board were writing that INM was opening an office in Chapala due to the high demand for their services here. Now I'm reading INM won't be showing up at all, even on their spotty Wednesday visits. That's quite a turn around.

Archived