Chapala.com Webboard

American Legion Shrimp Boil

colonel

We attended the American Legion shrimp boil on Saturday and WHAT A GREAT VALUE. All the boiled shrimp one can eat with corn on the cob and slaw.We did not have to ask for more as the waiters Jerry and Marty kept coming around asking if we wanted more. Shrimp were lightly spiced, large and delicious. May have been 100 or more people there and not one complaint. Excellent DJ music dancing or listening.

If one enjoys friendly people, great service, and good food then stop in at the Legion and request they do this event again soon.

Tasteless Boiled Shrimp?? Personally, I can't think of a way to destroy the flavor of Shrimp more.

Shrimp in Garlic Butter, Shrimp in White wine sauce and Tempura Shrimp, mmmmmm great!

Tasteless Boiled Shrimp?? Personally, I can't think of a way to destroy the flavor of Shrimp more.

Shrimp in Garlic Butter, Shrimp in White wine sauce and Tempura Shrimp, mmmmmm great!

Among other recipes, Cajun boiled shrimp - spicy and hot dumped on the table ready to peel and eat - with corn, etc - a roll of paper towels - YUM! Boiled shrimp sure don't need to be tasteless.....

Among other recipes, Cajun boiled shrimp - spicy and hot dumped on the table ready to peel and eat - with corn, etc - a roll of paper towels - YUM! Boiled shrimp sure don't need to be tasteless.....

Absolutley agree, Ellie. We lived in the south and Cajun boiled shrimp is the way to go. Nothing better. If you really want to destroy the taste of the shrimp, then cook in garlic butter or white wine sauce. That is all you taste.

I have never had Cajun Shrimp, but I assume it is spicy. If it is spicy, it will destroy the delicate flavor of the shrimp. Tempura batter or frying will not. Neither will Garlic butter if you don't use too much garlic. Coconut Shrimp is also very tasty.

Char broiled shrimp is also very tasty.

I have never had Cajun Shrimp, but I assume it is spicy. If it is spicy, it will destroy the delicate flavor of the shrimp. Tempura batter or frying will not. Neither will Garlic butter if you don't use too much garlic. Coconut Shrimp is also very tasty.

Char broiled shrimp is also very tasty.

I love them all. Don't think I have had a shrimps dish I don't like.

Archived