Chapala.com Webboard

chauffer to drive my car

Jerry

Would like to get some feedback on someone driving my car. My car is US plated, and I have insured with LLoyds for five or six years now. With my eyesight not good at night I would like someone to drive my car, (with me in it). The person I have in mind is the son of my woman companion. His is 21 years old (mexican) with a valid chauffer license. Lloyds tells me my car is not covered if he drives my car. Does anyone know of an insurance company that will insure with these conditions, and give me a written statement that I am covered.

Contact San Xavier Insurance. Bob will quickly reply to your question. Many of us use the company. http://www.mexican-autoinsurance.com/

Also, from Rollybrook.com it states: SECTION IV. For the period which coincides with the period granted for the immigration category of the owner, including any extensions.

The vehicles can be driven in Mexico by the importer, his or her spouse, their parents and grandparents, etc, their decedents, their brothers or sisters, even when those relatives are not foreigners, or by a foreigner who has the same immigration category as one of those herein referenced, or by a Mexican citizen, provided in this latter case, that a person authorized to drive the vehicle is within the vehicle. Such vehicle is authorized to make multiple exits and returns from and to Mexico.

Would like to get some feedback on someone driving my car. My car is US plated, and I have insured with LLoyds for five or six years now. With my eyesight not good at night I would like someone to drive my car, (with me in it). The person I have in mind is the son of my woman companion. His is 21 years old (mexican) with a valid chauffer license. Lloyds tells me my car is not covered if he drives my car. Does anyone know of an insurance company that will insure with these conditions, and give me a written statement that I am covered.

It is legal for any licensed Mexican citizen to drive a temporarily imported car provided the importer is present. As to insurance, my own experience is that most insurance companies require that any driver be named on the policy as a driver to be covered. I have never heard of any insurance company here that will automatically cover all licensed drivers as is common NOB, there may be some that do, but I haven't heard of one that does, and I haven't looked for one.

I don't know if there will be a raise in your insurance costs for listing another driver on your policy. You will need to check with your insurer about that, and possibly change your insurance carrier.

Relax, there is a solution.

Rex

Archived