Chapala.com Webboard

Good Article on Mexico

Ajijic

http://www.ilbookstore.com/product.php?productid=16141&cat=103&page=1&o=46021&s=47492&u=22759524&l=15073&r=Milo

I pay nothing to International Living and would not but the article gives a perspective that helps offset the negativity we hear about so much.

I'm going to quibble. This isn't an article, it is a sales pitch for a book. It makes promises--buy the book and you will learn about the perfect, undiscovered, place to live. Like many of us, I started my research about Mexican retirement with International Living. I guess I was naive. IL is a for profit organization that did not seem to have my best interests at heart. I did learn some things from IL, but I don't have confidence in IL's balance or lack of partiality.

I'm going to quibble. This isn't an article, it is a sales pitch for a book. It makes promises--buy the book and you will learn about the perfect, undiscovered, place to live. Like many of us, I started my research about Mexican retirement with International Living. I guess I was naive. IL is a for profit organization that did not seem to have my best interests at heart. I did learn some things from IL, but I don't have confidence in IL's balance or lack of partiality.

Making a profit isn't a bad thing. IL is just like any other publication as in it's complete with contradictions and obvious prejudices. But it's the kind of publication that you can read and take what you want from it.

Archived