Chapala.com Webboard

Pedro's Go Club

terry

My wife and I are new to Ajijic and have not had the opportunity to do a wide sampling of the dining options here. We were however very fortunate to be taken to Pedro's for a late lunch last Friday. Previous comments regarding the three floor climb and the parking notwithstanding this was a truly outstanding dining experience and dining is what it is all about after all. The climb is worth it since the view is breathtaking and the ambiance of the "room" is great. Given that none of us was inclined to make any decisions we simply asked Pedro to feed us. What followed was one for the memory books. Pedro is obviously a gifted chef and one who truly loves what he does. He proceeded to put on an outstanding performance. We were treated to six or seven wonderful appetizer type dishes each one tasty, well prepared, nicely proprtioned, and artfully presented. Throughout, we chatted back and forth with Pedro about food, eating, and living in general. He even threw in a joke for good measure. Very pleasant. From memory we enjoyed: antipasto, grilled prawns, Thai noodle salad, grilled greens with asparagus, mussels in cream sauce, and an out of this world "Pavarotti" pasta. Two delicious deserts: ice cream banana combo and a cointreau mousse. We will return sooner rather than later. This place is a gem and no I am not on Pedro's payroll. :-)

Archived