Chapala.com Webboard

thenews.com.mx

Ajijic

Have others noticed it has not published an online edition for a week? It is an internationally acclaimed newspaper and I am having withdrawals as a great source of Mexican news in English.

Guest RiberasMitch

Have others noticed it has not published an online edition for a week? It is an internationally acclaimed newspaper and I am having withdrawals as a great source of Mexican news in English.

Maybe more problems? Here is their last round:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laplaza/2009/06/mexicos-only-english-language-daily-newspaper-in-mexico-city-the-news-was-bought-by-a-local-newspaper-company-grupo-mac.html

That happened back in June - gossip is that the newspaper will not survive much longer, which is sad. The quality of the paper has gone downhill since the new buyers took over.

Internationally acclaimed? by whom? Would that be internationally acclaimed like the Times of London for example?

The News essentially copies articles from other publications and re-prints them. The fact that they cannot survive comes as no surprise.

Internationally acclaimed? by whom? Would that be internationally acclaimed like the Times of London for example?

The News essentially copies articles from other publications and re-prints them. The fact that they cannot survive comes as no surprise.

The international acclaim is simply for the design of the paper and I believe the design was put in place by the original owners.

Archived