Chapala.com Webboard

Mexican Auto insurance

ericurmudgeon

Hello,

Me again! Could I ask those of you that have obtained car insurance for driving in Mexico to share any postive recommendations you might have for companies/agents. Also, are there any "things" to be alert for when seeking this insurance? While you are at it, could you give me some idea of a price range for six months of comprehensive cover. Thanks vm in advance. I have been blown away with how helpful everyone is on this site. :rolleyes:

I sent an email to Jesus Tejeda yesterday and have had no reply.

San Xavier was recommended to us and after doing some research...decided to go with them. Easy, priced right, accommodating and quick. We did it all online before we left the U.S. They mailed and faxed all info. Here's a link. You can call or email. They're not only ones - there are many out there. You'll probably get other recommendations. Compare them all.

http://www.mexican-autoinsurance.com/

San Xavier was recommended to us and after doing some research...decided to go with them. Easy, priced right, accommodating and quick. We did it all online before we left the U.S. They mailed and faxed all info. Here's a link. You can call or email. They're not only ones - there are many out there. You'll probably get other recommendations. Compare them all.

http://www.mexican-autoinsurance.com/

Also San Xavier has a 6 month policy which many do not. Most have a month and one year. Plus they do not care if your NOB registration is current nor if you have a current policy from an insurance provider NOB. Check these two last points if you consider other companies and ask in writing their policy regarding this. I valued my car at 19,500 and pay $360 a year with San Xavier aka Mexico Bob.

ps maybe moderator can move this thread out of the food section. :-)

Archived