Chapala.com Webboard

A hidden jewel

ChrisB

Firstly , in my opinion, the reason you can get differing reports on the same place is because different items on a menu are not all equal. In this case, we have repeatedly tried both the lamb chops (3 or 4 depending on size) and filet mignon. These are both mesquite grilled and melt in your mouth with differing individually made sauses available. The salad bar is the freshest and best around with interesting items not usually seen. Lunch is $95p and dinner is 135p. They are just east of the Old Pasada at the Ajijic pier. Closed wednesday. Try them; it is really good!

Firstly , in my opinion, the reason you can get differing reports on the same place is because different items on a menu are not all equal. In this case, we have repeatedly tried both the lamb chops (3 or 4 depending on size) and filet mignon. These are both mesquite grilled and melt in your mouth with differing individually made sauses available. The salad bar is the freshest and best around with interesting items not usually seen. Lunch is $95p and dinner is 135p. They are just east of the Old Pasada at the Ajijic pier. Closed wednesday. Try them; it is really good!

I agree! We took my mother there for her birthday, Saturday evening. The menu selection was excellent: filet, rib-eye, etc. (with fresh real Bearnaise sauce!, lamb chops, shrimp, fish filet, I think ribs...several other items. The dinner came with fresh hot rolls with butter, either the salad bar, or choice of soups...we all LOVED the cream of cilantro soup, and my hubby found the salad bar quite satisfactory! Our dinners came with a nice baked potato, fresh roasted veggies, and my fish filet was excellent! A large serving, too. Other folks really enjoyed their steaks, too. We found the service very attentive...so much so, that our server picked up on the fact we were celebrating mom's birthday, so then they presented her with a special dessert of ice cream and caramel-filled crepes, with a candle in it, and the staff came out to sing Happy Birthday to her! Well...that really made her Day! We were also given a free after-dinner drink that was delightful///not sure what its called but like an iced coffee with cream and liquor. We will absolutely return there...and the view was great.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend and I went to Yves for lunch today. The salad bar was ok. Many choices but nothing special. We ordered lamb chops as Chris had mentioned them. We each had 3. They were excellent. They could not have been more tasty or tender. With them came a tiny sort of baked potato with melted cheese. It was barely warm and the cheese had no taste. The vegetable was comprised of three vegetables chopped into very small cubes which I had great trouble getting on the fork.

The after dinner drink was a nice touch.

Would I go back? Probably not.

A friend and I went to Yves for lunch today. The salad bar was ok. Many choices but nothing special. We ordered lamb chops as Chris had mentioned them. We each had 3. They were excellent. They could not have been more tasty or tender. With them came a tiny sort of baked potato with melted cheese. It was barely warm and the cheese had no taste. The vegetable was comprised of three vegetables chopped into very small cubes which I had great trouble getting on the fork.

The after dinner drink was a nice touch.

Would I go back? Probably not.

And how much was your lunch, Shira? No one has mentioned the prices.

Guest Gringal

Both lunch and dinner are set prices, 95 and 135 repectively as previously stated by other posters.

We went there with friends Saturday. In addition to the prices mentioned above, they also have a 69 peso lunch menu which does not include steak or lamb chope, nor the salad bar or soup. However, the offerings sounded good. Lasagna, etc.

We ordered from the regular lunch menu: it was a very good meal: the steaks were tender and huge. Took home enough for beef stroganoff the next night. One person ordered the fish and liked it, but it was small. Another had the chicken breast; nothing to get excited about; somewhat dry. The fourth member of our party had a pasta with shrimp; generous portion and delicious. Our potatoes were large enough to satify. The carrot soup was very good; the salad bar was pedestrian but fresh.

We'll go back.

Guest Gringal

We were never offered a 69 peso lunch but probably would have ordered the lamb chops anyway.

I think Tango's 50P lunch is the best deal in town.

It was on the chalkboard out front, but ended early.

You're absolutely right IMO.......Tango's 50 peso lunch is the best deal in town.

Archived