Chapala.com Webboard

LCS Spanish Classes

tangerine

Registration for LCS Spanish Classes will take place all this coming week (17th - 21st) from 11:00AM to 1:00PM on the LCS grounds. Please visit the LCS website: http://www.lakechapalasociety.org/ and click on the Spanish Program under Member Activities to get all the info about levels, cost, materials, etc.

Further registration will take place the week of the 24th on Tuesday and Thursday ONLY from 11:00 to 1:00.

Program uses the Warren Hardy method. Costs listed on the LCS site are for a 7 week, 2 classes per week, program

Wanting further info: Please PM me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RiberasMitch

Why were they cancelled?

the lcs email: "We are very sorry to have to cancel these courses. However, in order to offer our classes at the substantial member discount, we must have a minimum of 8 students per class. "

And I agree, the classes were very reasonably priced. These classes may be offered again in November - so if you are interested, please let LCS know. Actually you probably don't need the class if you are exceptionally motivated to do self study on a strict schedule. As for me, I tried it - and decided that description doesn't fit me - thus the class. Chapala Learning Center also offers the classes - at $250 USD compared to LCS's $600 pesos - if you put the same amount of self study effort in both classes, you will probably get the same results - and I have tried both. Next up on my list is the American Legion conversational sessions at 50 pesos a pop. If that doesn't help, I will consider a brain transplant

Archived