Chapala.com Webboard

El Barco

solajijic

We had the pleasure of stopping in this 'dive type' bar last weel and the guacamole, ceviche and shrimp cocktail were all really wonderful.

The drinks were a tad watery, but they have really stepped upthe food. Fairly quick, good service, nice presentation and decent prices. I don't know the specific prices because for once the DH had cash enough in his pocket and didn't have to ask for some. LOL. So it was a real treat.

Weeelll, don't be fooled. While Alex Sgroi is in the kitchen, you can guarantee it's gonna be a phenomenal meal but when he isn't there, you may not have the same experience. While I believe the owner is working hard to create a wonderful wine cellar and kitchen, he can not possible touch the quality of Alex. We love you Alex and will miss you and Barbara. Look forward to your return in the fall!

Val and John

The fellow who cooked for us is named Carlos, I don't know who Alex is although I did here there is someone special there cooking this week... or whatever, as long as its good food I don't pay attention to who is cooking.

The fellow who cooked for us is named Carlos, I don't know who Alex is although I did here there is someone special there cooking this week... or whatever, as long as its good food I don't pay attention to who is cooking.

Is this the place on the carretera in Ajijic, somewhat over the road from Actinver/Lloyds??

Archived