Chapala.com Webboard

New Restaurant in the Raquet Club

cedros

A new restaurant has just opened in the Raquet Club-Las Caballerizas. It is owned by the same doctor who owns the Monte Coxala Spa and is just down the street from the Spa. It is on the site of his stables (caballerizas). It is a large (300 seat) restaurant with a view of the lake from Jocotopec all the way east down the lake. The menu is quite Mexican-campestre style. The meat (lamb, pork chicken, etc.) is cooked on a stake in an open pit. An interesting place but I thought it was a bit pricey.

If you haven't tried his other restaurant at the Spa you are missing something. It has, without doubt, the most spectacular setting of any restaurant on the whole lake. The food is good-sort of international and reasonably priced.

It is busy (often full) later on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Good luck to him as I don't see how Chac Lan stays in business. Never anyone there.

Dr. Jorge Garcia Mendez

Just curious, Cedros. Who is the doctor who owns these restaurants in the Raquet Club?

Dr. Jorge Garcia Mendez

Many Many years ago when the "Raquet Club Area" was up for sale and being developed...Dr Mendez mother purchased a "Large Section" of Land..the "Mexican development park" that Dr Mendez has been undertaking these past 15 years, I suggest is not with income from any consultations !

The nephew tells me the doctor owns 33 acres here. I think they used to have a lot more.

Many Many years ago when the "Raquet Club Area" was up for sale and being developed...Dr Mendez mother purchased a "Large Section" of Land..the "Mexican development park" that Dr Mendez has been undertaking these past 15 years, I suggest is not with income from any consultations !

Archived